WhatsApp is not working / "works with Google Chrome 36+" / stuck on Chrome update page

✅released
📦station-v1-31-x

(Ostap Obmen) #85

Hi to all. My OS is Ubuntu 16.04. I am using Franz to get accessed WhatsApp Web.
Soluiton:
(1) uninstalled previous Franz version 4.0
(2) installed Franz Version: 5.0.0-beta.20; Release: 2.0.13 / linux / x64 (https://meetfranz.com/#download)
(3) set up new service WhatsApp (with scanning QR code etc you’ll be instructed)
Now I’m using WhatsApp on my PC again

(CGuerrero) #86

Hello again!

Effectively the procedure (View Menu> Developer > Toggle Page Developer Tools then Application>Clear Storage and “Clear site data”), solves the problem, but this solution is temporary, after a restart of my computer, the problem is back again.

(Jose Mourinho) #87

Since I can’t seem to find any “View Menu” button on Ubuntu (Gnome desktop), all I had to do was open up the keyboard shortcuts page (CTRL + H) and find out the short-cut for the “Page Developer Tools” (CRTL + ALT + I) and then I could follow alienx2 solution, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

(Dennis) #88

Not working for me. Any advice?

(Harsh Kansagara) #89

Hey Devs, Hard coding user agent string for “webview” will solve the problem for now :slight_smile:

session.defaultSession.webRequest.onBeforeSendHeaders((details, callback) => { details.requestHeaders["User-Agent"] = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36"; callback({ cancel: false, requestHeaders: details.requestHeaders }); });

(Ivan Smets) #90

I also have the same problem. Tried the following and all did not work:

1. Removing whatsapp, and re-adding
  2. Uninstalling and re-installing Station
  3. Updating chrome
  4. Moving the position on the left panel
    Is there an official fix ?

(Aaron Michael) #91

Works as a temporary fix! Need to see if it’ll occur again.

(Tommy Ho) #92

This really works! Thanks.

update, need to do it every time when start station.

Thank you very much, this worked

(Thomas Fung) #95

Thank goodness for this temporary fix @alienx2, can’t believe by updating it actually broke whatsapp when I have no problem with the last version. Thanks!

(Ore Landau) #96

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that WhatsApp stopped working, even after refresh and relaunch

:warning: Mandatory details

(AM) #97

Yeah think I triggered my iteration of this issue by clicking on the “open as a window” button (the one with the two boxes)

(Rupert Barksfield) #98

I too am having the same whatsapp issue and have tried the following to fix:

1. Removing whatsapp, and re-adding
  2. Uninstalling and re-installing Station
  3. Updating chrome
  4. Moving the position on the left panel

(Tin Chu) #99

Thanks man! this is the solution!

(Adriana González) #100

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that when I try to access to whatsapp this message appears “Whatsapp works with Google Chrome 36+, to use WhatsApp, update Chrome or use Mozilla Firfox, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Opera” and shows a bottom to Update Google Chrome. The point is that my Chrome is already update.

:warning: Mandatory details

(Bhaves Shah) #101

This is the same issue I am facing. WhatsApp is inoperable anymore with the new version…PLease fix it urgently!

(Camilo Andres Urrego Acosta) #102

Same Happens in windows 10 :cold_sweat:

(Majeem M) #103

Same issue on OSX https://cl.ly/165c7e

(Camilo Andres Urrego Acosta) #104

You rock :+1::+1: Thanks a lot!!

(It's Mat Speaking) #105

Problem is, that if you close station or open it again, WhatsApp fails again. You have to delete the data each and every time. :frowning: