WhatsApp is not working / "works with Google Chrome 36+" / stuck on Chrome update page

✅released
📦station-v1-31-x

(Bootronics) #63

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that after updating station whatsapp does not start. It states that I need the last chrome version, although I have it installed in my system, as well as Firefox.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    macOS Mojave 10.14.2 beta

• :gear: Station version
    Stationversion 1.31.2
    Electron 3.0.5
    Chrome 66.0.3359.181
    Node10.2.0
    v8 6.6.346.32
    @getstation/services0.24.1

(Guillermo Carrión) #64

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

After today’s update, WhatsApp stopper working. It says: “WhatsApp works with Google Chrome 36+” Is strange because the prior version I had no problem and in the release notes of this new version it said it fixed issues with WhatsApp loading, but now in my case is not working.

:warning: Mandatory details

(Station User) #65

Same problem here. Cannot load WhatsApp as the app thinks Station is using an ancient version of Chrome…

New version 1.31.2 but problem is still here
:desktop_computer: Mac OS 10.14.1
:gear: Stationversion 1.31.2
Electron3.0.5
Chrome66.0.3359.181
Node10.2.0
v86.6.346.32
@getstation/services0.24.1

(Ruchir Inamdar) #67

Whatsapp was working fine till now. Post latest update, stopped working.

(Phil Blakesley) #68

Hi all - I haven’t scrolled through the entire thread so maybe this has been mentioned…

I was having the exact same issue for a few days now until I updated the app which provided bug fixes.

If you go to Settings (Click the cog within each app selection) then click on General then click ‘Check for Updates’.

This will restart the application and should all be working!

(Sun) #69

I found solution to make it working…

follow instruction: Click View Menu>Developer>Toggle Page Developer Tools then here

EDITED: UNCHECK Cookies and Local and Session storage before click “Clear Site Data”. This means you won’t have to re-scan QR code to login again. This is solution for temporary only until developer fix the bug.

To Developer Team, try use tricks to change user agent spoof.

(Clément Guichard) #70

Same problem with HP Spectre.
I tried everything i saw in the precedent comment but still doesn’t work.

Someone having the same trouble with an HP spectre?

thanks in advance.

(Rijeos Idio) #71

This is the solution!

(Piero Bellomo) #72

This works, you rock.

(Martín Quesada) #73

This solution works great!

(El Farto) #74

Clear Storage Solution did the trick as well, be careful and do not confuse the two options under the Developer Menu, “Page Developer Tools” is the one you want, not the other

This just happened to me now, when 1.31.2 was installed!!!

Luckily the instructions posted by alienx2: Click View Menu> Developer > Toggle Page Developer Tools then Application>Clear Storage and “Clear site data” worked perfectly fine!

(Oren Shklarsky) #76

confirmed, worked for me as well.

confirmed. works for me. its been driving me nuts since this AM

(Guillermo Carrión) #78

Thank you @alienx2 your suggestion worked!

(Hossein Boka) #80

please close the app and restart it again you see problem is not solved yet
i did what you said and connect my whatsapp again but after restarting the application the problem is still there
i use this app on fedora 29 workstation

Ha! What @Hossein_Boka said. I closed Station… then opened it again…and BOOM! I’m back at the " WhatsApp works with Google Chrome 36+" screen. Fix this please! Or roll back the latest release. It sucks!

(Harry) #82

Genius! Thank you. This fixed it immediately for me.

(Sun) #84

ADDED: UNCHECK Cookies and Local and Session storage before click “Clear Site Data”. This means you won’t have to re-scan QR code to login again. This is solution for temporary only until developer fix the bug.

Sorry… i forgot to uncheck cookies and local and session storage…