Web search engine inside Station (Google, Ecosia, DuckDuckGo, etc.)

⚙️in-roadmap

(Jaehoon Lee) #1

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

It would be great if a user can search google and wikipedia inside Station (e.g., like Spotlight search on iPhone)! Keyboard shortcut will be also essential.

Thank you for developing such an awesome product. I really love Station!

Websearch ability
How to open a website?
Internet search
I'm a brand new user. How can I use Station "just" as browser ? Can I?
Search from ctrl+t menu
(Michael Riddering) #2

Agreed. Right now this is the primary thing holding me back from adopting Station. If I still have to keep Chrome open it doesn’t help as much.

(Erwann Laville) #3

Hi

Is it possible to have a tab for internet search ?

On my work, we do a lot of search on internet and we use a lot of site that (I think) can’t be add (like cadastre.gouv, https://applications.dgfip.finances.gouv.fr…)

Thank for your interest.

(Philippe Segers) #4

Dear Sir,

I’m a (French) brand new user.
More a kind of (old) beta tester, early adopter, ex developer.
How can I use Station “just” as browser ? Can I ?

Thanks a lot.
Phil

(Georges Abi-Heila) #5

Hey Philippe :wave:

Thanks for reaching out.
You unfortunately can’t do that. A more detailed explanation here: https://faq.getstation.com/applications-and-extensions/why-dont-you-allow-me-to-access-any-website

I’m curious though: what would be your use case? What would you like to do and why?

(Martin Josefsson) #6

I wish to see a search engine in Station who works with all services. I have already recommended one in the app store (Ecosia), but I wanted to say that I not only wanted a web search app. You should be able to use it with all services.

Looking things up on a search engine is an integral part of many people’s workflows. Whether it’s for market research, error messages, or documentation, I make a lot of searches for work-related tasks, and often the search results are better than if I went straight to a specific website. As it stands now, I need to keep a browser open for searches, which kind of defeats the purpose of Station. I read your link, and I think that allowing a search engine is not the same as allowing access to any website, but more like adding another Google app. I can already click external links in GMail, why shouldn’t I be able to do the same from Google Search? I think the option should be available.

(Or Luis Shemtov) #8

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence
make a “google” search from the ctrl-t menu, open in a new tab on my browser or in an app (user choice)

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience
have to manualy find a browser and open a tab

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like an option to seach from the ctrl-t menu, maybe have a full opensearch intigration or a “yubnub” hotkey search

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are: searching for stuff is my way to add stuff for my later todo, but i don’t want it in my focus browser

(Maurice Hofmann) #9

When I’m working with webflow for example then I need to open the live website for some changes. How can I do it? Is it not possible to open a normal website within notion?

Also are there no web developer tools like in chrome?

Edit: Push