Hey Station Team,
I love the concept, but I found that I was less productive and slower using Station. I tried it out for a full week, but ultimately found it to be less productive than my current setup. Here’s some feedback:
- Slow search - it was very slow and it was significantly faster using chrome and the Toby extension
- Multiple Windows - Keeping track of browser based apps is huge for productivity today, but equally so is being able to access multiple windows at once. The expand/blowout feature was nice, but not being able to “stack” tabs within their made this buildup unfunctional
- Extensions - while you said to support extensions, I found that I couldn’t get them to work within Station. Mixmax wouldn’t work within Gmail and one of the main benefits of extensions is constant access to their toolkit. Within Station, you really can’t do this well.
- No previews on “hubs/apps” within station - you can use Ctrl + Tab to quickly move between Apps like Gmail > Google Drive etc. but there’s no way to switch between the different options within those apps. For instance, If I have 3-4 default drive files that I need to refer to constantly, I can’t do that well within Station.
- Lost shortcut capabilities - because station embeds these apps, you are no longer able to use the full set of shortcut capabilities intra app as the CTRL based commands are superseded by Station navigation