Unable to close Google Calendar notifications / X icon is hidden / frozen meeting notification

📦station-v1-16-x
✅released

(Tom Nightingale) #1

When a Google calendar reminder appears, it sometimes cuts off the right hand side of the notification box - hiding the X to close the notification.

I can’t close the notification, so have to restart Station and hope it doesn’t pop up.

Here’s the detailed report

Google Calendar Notification Frozen
Fix notification popups with large amounts of text to be able to close
Google Calendar notifications - hard to click on (x)
(Chris Stave) #2

Bumping this and providing a little more info!

The close button IS there, it is just a cm or so over to the right of where it seems the box ends. The mouse pointer will change when it is over the button.

If you can find a dark-screened page you’ll be able to see it, but most things have white backgrounds, which makes it invisible.

(Chris Stave) #3

It is also an issue on Macs and in the current (as of Feb 22) version of Station.

(Julien Berthomier) #4

Thanks a lot @Tom_Nightingale @Chris_Stave

We will look into next week and fix it in the next version!

(Alexandre Lacheze) #5

:wave:

This issue was fixed in version 1.11.0 (released end of April).

Can you please update your Station and let me know if it was not fixed as expected.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #6

(Pablo Chavez) #10

The issue I’m facing is … everytime I get a Google Calendar notification, if the meeting room is too big, then it’s almost impossible to click on the cross to close the notification.

Screenshot:

Also, if the notification is OK, I must click the X like 10 times before the notification goes away.

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Jeanett Madsen) #11

There was a notification with a lot of text in it, more than the textfield could handle. There was no option to close it so I had to restart Station. It popped up again after the first restart so I tried again and it hasn’t been a problem since. 56%20AM

(Georges Abi-Heila) #12

(Georges Abi-Heila) #13

(Antoine Zins) #14

The issue I’m facing is that I’m unable to erase google calendar notification on the Station interface. It stays frozen on the page even when I switch tabs. I have to restart to come back.

Very annoying…

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Georges Abi-Heila) #15

Hey @Jeanett88, @pchavez :wave:

This should be fixed (again :relaxed:) in Station’s latest version (1.16.0).
Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved?

To update, just open the preferences (from the top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.