Tile multiple apps onscreen at once

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

As someone who monitors many services and apps, it would be extremely helpful to be able to tile multiple apps on one screen at the same time.

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

While Station allows creating, in essence, a tabbed interface for viewing your apps, it doesn’t solve the problem of needing to be able to have multiple apps presented at the same time in a dashboard-like fashion.

Currently, if I want to monitor email, Twitter, IRC and Slack, a “new bugs” listing from GitHub, and so forth, each one goes in its own tab in the Station window (or web browser). I can’t quickly glance at the screen to see what’s going on in my world.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

It would be incredibly useful to be able to tile multiple apps on the screen at the same time within a single Station window. By allowing a number of apps to be placed within the same Station screen, a whole new level of usefulness could be established.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

There are a number of reasons this would be useful for me (and I hope by others):

• I could set up a Station tab that lets me keep an easy eye on the conversations going on in the team and public channels I have to monitor as part of my job, across multiple services.
  • I could create a customized screen for monitoring incoming and in-progress tasks being handled by myself and by my teammates at work, by adding panes showing various views such as GitHub issues list, pending PRs, review requests, and also stuff from off of GitHub, such as the Google Sheet tracking who is working on what this week.
  • I could set up a screen showing the project plan document on Google Docs next to the editor for the content I’m updating this week.

Lots of possibilities; that was just a sampling of some of the ones I want most.

We have moved to a new community, you can now follow this topics here:https://station.canny.io/admin/board/feature-requests/p/tile-multiple-apps-onscreen-at-once

We have moved to a new community, you can now follow this topics here:https://station.canny.io/admin/board/feature-requests/p/tile-multiple-apps-onscreen-at-once