The subdock is too big / side-panel is annoying / hover menu is frustrating

👍will-do-later
⚙️in-roadmap

(Jason Janes) #21

Just to add to this, I only want to see one Gmail Icon or Calendar Icon on the left vertical menu bar, once I click on that Icon, for example Gmail, I can then see a list of all my Gmail accounts, and I want to personalize the name as mentioned in the original post. It’s not very intuitive to have 3 or 4 “home” listings.

Unless I’m missing something when I try to add a second similar account (gmail, calendar, etc), get station creates another icon at the bottom of the vertical list. Just to repeat, I would strongly prefer to see only one instance of the app icon listed in the left vertical menu. When there are multiple accounts, they are visible by clicking on the parent icon.

After playing with station for a day or two, this is the only feature that is keeping me from adding it to my daily workflow.

Thanks,
Jason

(Tom Avatars) #22

I completely agree with you. I have about 4 gmail accounts and Slack about the same.
There is really something to do about this as well as for navigation.

(Tom Avatars) #23

I would also love to be able to rename the apps and add colors for icons.

(Stefan Arentz) #24

How do I turn off this popup?

29 AM

It obscures the content that I am trying to look at. It gets in the way. Super frustrating.

S.

+1 for this, this hover is annoying, especially on laptop screens where space is precious. Reworking the UI doesn’t have to happen now, or be a priority; just give people the option to shut off the hover.

It’s such a fantastic app, by the way! Thanks for all your hard work.

(Sergio Iacobucci) #26

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a user I want to not see the secondary nav so that it doesnt show and then mistake my click on the app for a click on the secondary nav that pops up delayed

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I try to click on something sometimes the secondary side nav pops out (delayed) and then I click and click that instead! Very annoying and I don’t get the point of it anyway

(Kevin Ngo) #27

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a user of like Slack, I want to quickly check if channels have messages, so that I can read them.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I click the different Slack channels, the overlay covers the Slack’s sidebar.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to have the sidebar on the right side so that little hover overlay does not overlap with page UI which often has sidebar on left side too.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• A bit less annoying to have something blocking the UI.

Thanks!

(CarlUX) #28

What about just change to the right the column?

Most of important things on webs/apps are on the left (usually way to read). So if you want to change your screen, I think good position to not disturb should be on the right.

(Don Parkinson) #29

If a delay could be added to the expanding gmail sidebar as well that would be awesome. It is the only thing that bugs me while using station I know it is sort of nit picky.

THanks for the great app.

(Yann Bermond) #30

Capture

The informations when your mouse is over an app icon is really, really anoying. It slow the use of station (you cannot clic on ‘inbox’ in gmail.

Station 1.4.0
(Mikus) #31

I just discovered Station and this has literally been app I had wished for past 2 years managing my several gmails and other web apps! Love it!

This topic so far has been the only major issue with my experience with it. The side dock is insanely annoying! It’s hard to understand why making it a right-click instead of hover is still not an option in preferences! I tried moving it to the right side as some other user suggested but I could not find that option…

Please fix it!

(Paweł Antczak) #32

Hello.
Any chance to hide this popup?
I would also bring back default control buttons spacing, seems non consistent with the whole macos now.
Thanks.

(Philippe Dame) #33

Will a change ever get made here? This thread was started a year ago. It’s the first annoyance someone encounters as a new user and doesn’t get much less annoying over time. At least add a Preference option to have the app bar appear on the RIGHT - as it was suggested above by @Clopez - that’s a good starting point.

It seems this + renaming apps/favourites is a common enough requirement that it should be prioritized already.

Thanks!