The new Outlook is opening multiple tabs / too many pages are created

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that Microsoft launched a new version of outlook called “The new Outlook.” It’s a nice update to the UI.

When I switch back and forth between the mail view and the calendar view, it opens a new tab every time (not sure if that is the right Station term for it). So, after a day, I might have ten open tabs within the Outlook group vs. one (which is how it worked before the update).

Not a major issue, but something to look at.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger Switch between email view and calendar view in The new Outlook.

• :boom: Issue — See description above.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures — Not sure how to attach an image to this ticket but feel free to reach out directly.

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mojave 10.14.2

• :gear: Station version — 1.36.0

I’m having the same issue on Station 1.36.1 on Mojave 10.14.3. I’ve attached a screenshot.

I’ve set the Calendar as a favourite tab and switch views by using right-click as an intermediate solution. Would love to see this fixed as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have the same issue. macOS 10.13.3, Station 1.39.2.

I took a look online and everyone experiences this issue – in their web browser. It looks like this is expected behavior for Outlook right now regardless if you are using it in Station or any web browser.

Microsoft says “Thanks for the feedback. We have heard feedback from users that love the way that new tabs are opened, as well as those that don’t. We are going to be doing some improvements that will allow both ways. Look for an update coming soon.”. I don’t think anyone loves this feature. :slight_smile:

In any case, I think once Microsoft addresses this, it will be addressed in Station as well.

1 Like