Station won't launch but appears in the task manager / processes are running but nothing happens / I can't see the main window / can't bring Station to the foreground

📦station-v1-30-x
✅released

(Ella Ding) #62

Thanks. It works for my windows !

(Chuck Clark) #63

I’m not sure if internal changes were made to keep this from happening in the first place but things seems to be a lot better now. I was able to use the new menu once and it worked. I haven’t seen the issue since. I do wonder if it had something to do with plugging and unplugging into a dock so I would have multiple displays active? I’ve used the dock for about a week and it hasn’t reappeared.

(Daniel Llamas) #64

Hello,

Since I last updated my Windows, I can’t open Station, as many of you relate. I have tried to reinstall your last version, but it seems not to work.

What can I do? :confounded:

(Alan Reyes) #65

Since the last update (like 3 days ago I think), my station is not showing anymore I mean it is in the taskbar, I even get notifications but when I click on it, nothing shows up (as if it was in another monitor but it isn’t) I tried reinstalling and other things but nothing worked.

Here’s the detailed report

Update: I found a fix,

1. Put your mouse over (do NOT click) the program in the Task Bar until the preview appears directly above it
  2. Right Click on the preview and select MOVE
  3. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to relocate to a part of the screen you can see (i used the mouse)
  4. Press the ENTER key on your keyboard when it is moved
  5. You can then use the mouse to move and resize the window as you see fit

hope this help anyone having the same trouble

PS to developers: it seems to be a problem where the program gets resized to 1 pixel (i think there should be something like “root.geometry(’{}x{}’.format(, ))” in your language

(Georges Abi-Heila) #66

Hey @Alanrey00,

Thanks for reaching out!
Have you recently disconnected an external monitor that you’ve been using?
ìf yes, this is the problem you’re facing: the workaround for that issue is to reconnect an external monitor and bring back Station to the main one.

If not, we’ll have to investigate a bit more

(Alan Reyes) #67

Hi Georges and thanks for your answer, unfortunately I use the same 4 displays and always and that is not the problem, I even tried the windows + -> shortcut and hasn’t worked, if I can help you with anything I’ll be so glad

(Daniel Llamas) #68

Thank you for the fix @Alanrey00 .

Unfortunately, in my personal case, I can’t even see the icon in the taskbar so I don’t have any option there. (I can only see Station at Task Manager as running in multiple lines).

(Terence Lucero Menor) #69

I found a solution. I am using Windows 10, version 1803. I did the following:

1. Uninstall Station.
  2. Go to AppData folder. One way to access the folder is by typing "%AppData% in the Run dialog box. This will lead you to the Roaming folder inside the AppData folder.
  3. Delete Station folder inside the Roaming folder.
  4. Go to AppData>Local, then delete browserX folder.
  5. Reinstall Station.

(Benoit A ) #70

I installed the App, worked fine for a few days, then crashed.
Impossible to reopen the App. Uninstalled and reinstalled: the Station does not start.
Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Launch
  • Issue: Does not launch
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Windows 10
  • Station version: 1.35.0
    PC : Dell
    Windows 10

image:tired_face:

2019-01-17 19:44:48> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. —> System.IO.IOException: Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier ‘C:\Users\b_arnaud\AppData\Local\browserX\packages\browserX-1.35.0-full.nupkg’, car il est en cours d’utilisation par un autre processus.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
à Squirrel.Utility.<>c.b__19_0(String file)
à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass12_11.<ForEachAsync>b__1() à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
à Squirrel.Utility.d__19.MoveNext()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
à Squirrel.Utility.<>c.<b__19_1>d.MoveNext()
à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<<ForEachAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<DeleteDirectory>d__19.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<LogIfThrows>d__42.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) à Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait() à Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args) à Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args) ---> (Exception interne #0) System.IO.IOException: Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier 'C:\Users\b_arnaud\AppData\Local\browserX\packages\browserX-1.35.0-full.nupkg', car il est en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus. à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) à System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) à System.IO.File.Delete(String path) à Squirrel.Utility.<>c.<DeleteDirectory>b__19_0(String file) à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass12_11.b__1()
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<<ForEachAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<DeleteDirectory>d__19.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<>c.<<DeleteDirectory>b__19_1>d.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à Squirrel.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass13_01.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
à Squirrel.Utility.d__19.MoveNext()
à Squirrel.Utility.d__42.MoveNext()
à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
à Squirrel.Update.Program.d__4.MoveNext()<—

(Benoit A ) #71

Worked for me. Thanks a lot !!!

(Daniel Llamas) #72

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that, since some update in December, I am not able to launch the app. I have tried to download newer versions, I have reinstalled a couple of times, open in admin mode… but it still doesn’t work.

It’s not like some post I’ve read about openning without loading content. In my case, when I click on the shortcut/icon/etc it directly doesn’t make any move at all. What can I do? :frowning:

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — I click on the icon of Station.

• :boom: Issue — It never opens, but it’s shown at the task manager like this (with only one click):

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesimage

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10.1

• :gear: Station version — 1.35.0

Thank you!!!

(Luke Mc Farland) #73

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that … My app wont open.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Had Station loaded to the PC and it worked perfectly. Have updated windows.

• :boom: Issue — App is present in the programs list but won’t open on my system.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures — None to display/ Station wont open

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 1809

• :gear: Station version — 1.35.0