Station window is inaccessible if used on an external monitor that is disconnected

📦station-v1-30-x
✅released

(Alex Harper) #1

The issue I’m facing is:
On Windows 10 1709 x64, if I have the station window on an external monitor, when it restarts it ‘remembers’ that position and is inaccessible from my main laptop screen.

I can see the windows when I use win + tab, but no matter where I drag it, even to another desktop it is not visible.
Using Win + Arrow keys to snap the window does not work.
Using the program forcewindowvisible does not work.
Even if I close station and shut down before disconnecting, the window is still off screen when I power back up.
The only workaround I have (since I’m travelling with no external monitor) is to uninstall station and reinstall.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Place station on external monitor, then disconnect.
  • Issue: Station window not visible if external monitor disconnected
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Windows 10 x64 buils 1709
  • Station version: latest (can’t check due to above issue)

Multiple Monitor Support
Station not starting / not showing after 1.26 update
Station is not shown
I can't see the window anymore!
Station not showing anymore
Station App Jumping to a Different Monitor on Waking Up from Sleep/Hibernate
(Daniel Ng) #2

When I sleep/hibernate my laptop, the Station app keeps opening on the secondary monitor even though I had it open on the primary monitor prior.

• Trigger: Switch the laptop on from sleep or hibernation
  • Issue: My setup is I have a laptop with the Station Win10 app always open on my laptop screen (which is configured to be my primary screeMonitor%20Confign). My secondary screen is an external monitor connected via HDMI. Every time I switch my laptop on from sleep / hibernation, the Station app jumps to my secondary monitor, and I always have to drag it back across to my laptop (primary) monitor. It would be great if the Station app stays in the monitor it was left open in (in this case, the primary monitor). A screenshot of my setup is attached.
  • OS version: Windows 10 Home
  • Station version: 1.8.2

(Justin Swapp) #3

The issue I’m facing is:

If there is one issue with Station right now that is causing me to reconsider using it (not using it) is the lack of multi-monitor support when I disconnect from my other screens. So, it works fine when I am connected to 2 external monitors on my 2017 macbook pro, but when I disconnect from my other monitors at my office desk to go to a meeting, the way the app situates itself on my laptop alone is super annoying. The app is present, but I can’t click on it and bring it to the fore… its like its there, but invisible. Most functioning apps resize themselves and continue functioning after I “undock” or disconnect from the other monitors.

• Trigger: diconnecting from my extra screens
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): the station app disappears… I can CMD+TAB my way to it, but it wont appear on the screen
  • OS version: latest mac os
  • Station version: 1.13.1

(Chris Pike) #4

Select the Station app and open it.

Press Alt + Space bar, which will open a menu in windows - navigate to move, use the cursors to move the Station window back onto the main display.

Solved the issue for me.

(Alankrit Joshi) #5

:writing_hand:Brief description of the issue

My problem is that the station window is nowhere to be seen

:warning:Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Open Station

• :boom: Issue — No desktop window; only seen in taskbar preview

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures2018-10-08%2016_35_20-

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10

• :gear:Station version — 1.25.1

(David Fernandez) #6

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

I can reproduce a bug. Steps to reproduce:

1- Setup a 3 monitor desktop (I don’t know if it can be reproduced with two).
2 - Open Station and move it to the third monitor.
3 - Close Station.
4 - Disconnect the two extra monitors.
5 - Open Station again.

As you can see Station is not shown again. It might appear as an opened program but there is no clue of where the window is.

Any help with this? thanks!

(Wout Mertens) #7

I had a missing main window even after restarting Station a few times. I looked around a bit and I found that deleting this file (while Station is not running) worked:

$ rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Station/window-state.json

its contents were

{"width":2160,"height":1272,"x":1680,"y":1242,"isMaximized":true,"isFullScreen":false,"displayBounds":{"x":0,"y":0,"width":1680,"height":1050}}

So it seems as if it was positioned outside my monitor. It was working for 2 days since the last time I had a second monitor connected.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #8

Hey @Wout_Mertens, @David_Fernandez, @alankritjoshi, @chrispikeuk, @Justin_Swapp, @DanielBLNg, @ajh :wave:

This should be fixed in Station’s latest version (1.30.0) :partying_face:
Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved for you?

To update, just open the preferences (from the “Station” top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.