Station uninstalled itself twice today

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

I installed Station normally, set up all the services I needed and it shut down. When trying to start again, Windows told me that the shortcut is not valid anymore. The program has uninstalled itself it seemed. Upon reinstalling and doing all the stuff again it happened a second time.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger β€” The first time it happened, I had an unusually high CPU load (around 100%) and RAM usage from Station, it froze my whole computer more or less. Then shortly after it was closed and uninstalled itself.
    The second time there was no trigger at all, I was in another window (Firefox) and it just closed itself again and was gone from the installed programs as well.

• :boom: Issue β€” Station closes on seemingly random occasions and uninstalls itself directly after without any error message or anything.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures β€” Nothing to show. The program closes as if I would click to do so and then is gone. Nothing else.

• :desktop_computer: OS version β€” Windows 1809

• :gear: Station version β€” 1.31.3

0 Likes

Same issue on another computer with Windows 1803. On top of that, after it uninstalled itself, I just tried to reinstall it but the installation file disappeared from the desktop. Incredibly weird. This was with the newest version (1.33.0).

Any idea why this is happening or what the solution to that can be? It’s absolutely unusable if it uninstalls itself at a random point in time!

0 Likes

I’m sorry, it seems that Avast Antivirus uninstalled it and removed the installation file.

0 Likes