Station doesn't work with Window managers such as Moom, Magnet, etc

🙏info-needed

(Shirley Lin) #1

I use the Magnet app on my mac, and after updating to Mojave, it no longer works on Station. Cmd+W no longer works nor do my resize shortcuts set via Magnet. No other apps are affected.

Closing station on the Mac
Station doesn't work with Moom
(Alexandre Lacheze) #2

Hi @Shirley_Lin thanks for reporting the issue.

We rather think that the issue appeared after you updated from Station 1.25 to 1.26. This is a known issue [1] between Electron 3 (the framework Station is built upon) and Magnet and that is being handled. However I don’t have any timeline of when this issue will be solved.

Fortunately, there is small workaround: if you toggle Station’s full screen mode on and then off, Magnet will work with Station.

Regarding the Cmd+W, what did you expect it to do? Is that a shortcut of Magnet or something else?

[1] https://github.com/electron/electron/pull/15106

(jl) #3

I have the same problem (Station version 1.26, Mojave), and cmd-W should close a window. It does not work on, for example, popped out Gmail windows.

(Jonathan Coetzee) #4

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

The Moom pop up controls when hovering over Zoom button don’t show. They do for all other apps.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger

• Have Moom installed
    • Try use popup on hover on Zoom button feature
  • :boom: Issue:

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures
    This is what I expect to happen
    hover_normal

• :desktop_computer: OS version: 10.14.1

• :gear: Station version: 1.27.1

(Sean Gilbertson) #5

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that … Typical Mac UI allows you to click the close, minimize, or maximize buttons in the top left corner of the window without having to make that window active. With Station, if I’m working in another window and want to close Station, I first have to click on the station window to make it active, and then close it out, which is a hassle.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures28%20AM

• :desktop_computer: OS version — OSX Sierra

• :gear: Station version — 1.31.2

(Sean Gilbertson) #6

Fixed in 1.33.0! Thanks!