Station becomes unresponsive after long periods of inactivity / freezes when coming from another app / crashes after resuming from standby

📦station-v1-40-x
✅released
(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #41

New Version released, i will check if they fixed it , if not hope there will be one soon,

0 Likes

(Gabriel T) #42

I updated too and it still happens.

0 Likes

(Mehdi Bellatig) #43

Unbearable lags and freezing here to since 1.36 (still does it on 1.36.1), may be even 1.35 not too sure but it’s unusable as it is, clicking anywhere doesn’t do anything, it take a minute or more to respond :frowning:

I’m on Mojave 10.14.3 Beta

0 Likes

(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #45

Hi, Any news about this problem ? Thanks guys

0 Likes

(Arthur Godiva) #46

Apple crash level, not sure whats triggering it. Running MacOS Retina Laptop Mid-2012.

0 Likes

(Austin Rhodes) #47

I’m having similar problems with station v1.39.1 and macOS Mojave v10.14.3

It seems mostly to be related to google calendar, which froze multiple times today nearly causing my to miss meetings and requiring me to force-quite station to resume normal functionality.

0 Likes

(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #48

Yes it is very unfortunate that a nice applicaion like Station freezes after a period of time, still problem with a latest build, I stopped using it until there is a fix, hope to have one soon!

0 Likes

(Nito Gomez) #49

Hello,
I have the same issue. On a macOS Mojave version 10.14.3. The interesting thing is not just station process that enter on “not responding” also makes the process SystemUIServer enter on “not responding” is quite annoying.
I hope you find a fix to this issue. Cause is making me unistall this wonderful application becuase of this bug.
Best regards,

0 Likes

(Tedi) #50

Same problem in Windows 10 with 1.39.2. When it freezes it usually takes most of the CPU.

0 Likes

(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #51

Hi Any news guys ? Thanks

0 Likes

(Christopher Bate) #52

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that when opening laptop (2017 MacBook pro) station is un-responsive for around 1 min or so. Cannot click or interact with the application during this time.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Laptop opening

• :boom: Issue — non-responsive application for 1 min or so

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac 10.14.3

• :gear: Station version — 1.39.2

0 Likes

(Christopher Bate) #53

This issue is still happening and has gotten worse. Now the left menu bar shows up half white and nothing works.

see - https://www.evernote.com/l/AAPY6yRFmxpLwaGsD5wm-0ecKEf1jRFbvCkB/image.png

0 Likes

(Georges Abi-Heila) #54

Hey @krsB8, @Huy_Khoa_Nguyen, @tedi, @Nito_Gomez, @austin.rhodes, @ArthurGodiva, @vlom31, @gtupak, @Tomes, @Geza_Molnar, @vinuthomas, @Alex_Liew, @xgracea, @Jean-Jacques_Auffret, @goke, @dbenj, @Christoph, @Valdo_Ghafoor, @Marc_Frey, @Tom_Avatars, @ashwanihere, @pseudoh, @Manuel_Merz, @jeremybbauer, @Sam_Borick, @BigPixel, @Bojan, @Michael_Clinton, @Christoph, @AlvaGB, @Christoph, @mbfobbs :wave:

In Station’s latest version (1.40.1) we fixed a bug that made Station crash when receiving a Google Calendar event notification: this could be the cause of the annoying freezes you’ve been experiencing.

Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved for you?

To update, just open the preferences (from the “Station” top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.

0 Likes

(Christopher Bate) #55

I am using this version and the issue is still present and actually worse for me. The inactivity lag happens now when your focus goes off the station app and to another application. cb

Stationversion 1.40.1
Electron4.0.4
Chrome69.0.3497.106
Node10.11.0
v86.9.427.24-electron.0
@getstation/services0.28.0

1 Like

(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #56

Seems fixed for me, will test it more, but until now, no freezing, great job guys

1 Like

(Huy Khoa Nguyen) #57

I can confirm that the freezing problem has been fixed, after 2 days having no freezing, Big thanks to dev team :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I never used to have this problem, but it seems to have started with v1.40.1. As far as I’ve been able to deal with it the only way has been to quit and restart Station.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4.4 (18E226)
Stationversion 1.40.1
Electron4.0.4
Chrome69.0.3497.106
Node10.11.0
v86.9.427.24-electron.0
@getstation/services0.28.0

0 Likes

My problem is that …

On this version of Station, it freezes when resuming from sleep or locked screen. Station will not close and must be forced to quit.

• :gun: Trigger — Sleep / locked screen and resuming from them

• :boom: Issue — Station freezes

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS 10.14.4

• :gear: Station version — 1.40.1

0 Likes

(Magnus Sandström) #60

After upgradeing to the latest version av station for Windows (1.40.1) Station does not work. After stating Station evertything loads OK bu then Station starts using 100% CPU and is unresponsive if I for example klick on a mail in Gmail nothing happens. I can still access the top menues but no apps work. Have tried to uninstalling and deleteing files in APPDATA but still same thing.

• :gun: Trigger startup

• :boom: Issue unresponsive

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesimage

• :desktop_computer: OS version Windows 10

• :gear: Station version 1.40.1

0 Likes

When i leave my computer to sleep overnight. The following day I need to force a restart on station in order to get google voice working.

Upon visiting the GV app in station, the the page seems to try to refresh, but then the UI breaks and it becomes unresponsive (just google voice).

For example, the history of chats, call and VM are all spaced weirdly among other weird ui bugs.

38%20PM

0 Likes