Station becomes unresponsive after long periods of activity / freezes when coming from another app / crashes after resuming from standby

(Valdo Ghafoor) #21

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that everytime my iMac is recovering from a long standby mode, Station is completly stuck.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Long standby mode on MacOS

• :boom: Issue

My problem is that everytime my iMac is recovering from a long standby mode, Station is completly stuck.
Can’t click anywhere and have to kill the process. Moreover, CPU usage is still high even is Station is stuck.
It did happen manytimes on short standby mode two weeks ago, but not every since.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS Mojave 10.14

• :gear: Station version — 1.27.1

(Christoph) #22

keeps on freezing. The last three updates haven’t changed a thing

My problem is that … the program becomes completely unresponsive, grays out (‘Not Responding’), and can’t be closed (or even force killed) when device hibernates and resumes.

• :gun: Trigger — Hibernate laptop. Resume laptop.

• :boom: Issue — Program completely unresponsive, can’t even be force killed.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesimage

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10

• :gear: Station version — 1.29.0

Appreciate the merge, but to ask - any expected timeline to resolution?

Mind is a little blown that there are a couple dozen users who can’t use your product due to a bug for two months (a top 15 issue by replies) and there’s not even a reply from someone on the Station team…

(Gottfried Keller) #25

With the last update my Station is going after a few hours blank, have to close the program. Still can’t copy and paste text.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #26

Hey @goke, @dbenj, @Christoph, @Valdo_Ghafoor, @Marc_Frey, @Tom_Avatars, @ashwanihere, @pseudoh, @Jean-Jacques_Auffret, @Manuel_Merz, @jeremybbauer, @Sam_Borick, @BigPixel, @Bojan, @Michael_Clinton, @Christoph, @Andreas_Wagner, @AlvaGB, @mbfobbs :wave:

This should’ve been fixed in Station’s latest version (1.31) :partying_face:
Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved for you?

To update, just open the preferences (from the “Station” top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.

I’m using 1.31.0 and just ran into this issue again this morning unfortunately.

(Gottfried Keller) #28

I already updated to 1.31.0 and still have the problem.

(Jean Jacques Auffret) #29

Using 1.13.2 now.
This news made me use Station again (I had dropped it because of this problem).
I did not run into the problem again so far but it looks like my keyboard entries get slowed down at times.

In short, I’m hopeful but not (yet) 100% confident. Time will tell, but thank you to bring me back to Station anyway, I had missed it!

(X. Grace) #30

Aside from making the rest of my PC slow whenever I have it open, this issue also happened to me. Why I stopped using Station. I loved the app so I wish the Station guys could fix this. :frowning:

(Alex Liew) #31

My problem is that … Station not responding after windows resumes from standby mode.

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 64 bit

• :gear: Station version

(Vinu Thomas) #32

The current version of Station seems to be crashing very frequently. I can’t seem to keep it open for more than 20 minutes. It just crashes randomly - whether it’s in the foreground or background!
I have HipChat, Gmail and Telegram configured on it - with light usage.
Screenshot_13_12_18__1_00_PM|690x239

• :gun: Trigger — Random

• :boom: Issue — Crashes

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS 10.14.1

• :gear: Station version — 1.31.2