Station 1.44.1 is out

Released on: July 26

:recycle: What we changed
Revamped stuff

• Updated to Electron 5 (Chrome 73)

:beetle: What we fixed
Squashed bugs

• Fixed extension installation that sometimes works only after restart Station
  • Fixed Slack integration after Slack update
2 Likes

Skype is very buggy after update. I keep getting the notification again, and again, and again. I’ve attached a photo.

Cannot start the latest version on Manjaro Linux. The console output:
./browserX-1.44.1-x86_64.AppImage
[6410:0726/184813.878889:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)]
The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly.
Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now.
You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_browsexe5Rv8/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

Here’s the possible reason

1 Like

Same issue as 1.43.X

Own forum thread for this type of issues with Skype.
Vote there and comment it if you have any additional findings to report.

The current thing in 1.44.1 is that the error comes constantly without any input. So it’s even worse then in 1.43.X

I’d just like copy and paste to work, is it limited to not working in Gmail or is it wider?

Can’t run Appimage on Linux systems.

When I run inside console, following error occures:

./Applications/browserX-1.44.1-x86_64_4b2de087b1d1296d399dee9b1aecbfea.AppImage

[2508:0731/121255.800360:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_browseQTKjiU/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
[1] 2508 trace trap (core dumped)

The file -> /tmp/.mount_browseQTKjiU/chrome-sandbox doesn’t exist in the given path.
Seems to be an installation issue.

Hey, cool app.
I am working for sentry.io and just stumbled upon a new error appearing in our feed that’s how I found out Station exists :sweat_smile:

Anyway, it’s causing many errors in our frontend code, here is the stack trace + error message we get:

Not sure what Station is doing but it probably injects javascript in the page causing this.
We don’t really mind we just want that your users have a good time using it together with Sentry.

If you need more info you can shoot me a mail, my firstname @sentry.io.
Cheers

I have the same problem on Manjaro (Arch)

“[3555:0801/234404.244402:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_statiowFoKQk/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.”

sudo sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1
This solved it for me, but I can’t say if this is unsecure.
With this you are modifying system settings and enabling unpriviledges user namespaces.

@Daniel_Gri thanks! We are on it!

It would be appreciated if these release notes were posted with a link to this version’s download. The latest version crashes instantly and I can’t find links to specific versions to download. :disappointed:

1 Like