Station 1.26 is unresponsively slow / freezes when receiving an event notification / Google Calendar keeps hanging

✅released
📦station-v1-27-x

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that updating to version 1.26.0 makes Station quasi unresponsive. It took me a couple of restarts to get logged in, but even then, some apps (Outlook, Gmail, FB Messenger) just hang.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — update to 1.26.0 and start Station

• :boom: Issue — slow to the point of unresponsiveness

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 7, 64bit

• :gear: Station version — 1.26.0

Google Calendar getting hung
Google Calendar shortcuts not working
Recent Google Integration Issues
Google Apps (Calendar, Drive, Documents) reloading all the time
Google Calendar is frozen and no actions can be performed
Station apps do not load/unresponsive
Google Calendar freeze
(Maxim Doucet) #2

Same problem here, no problem before updating to 1.26.0 and now, even after following https://faq.getstation.com/bugs-and-glitches/how-can-i-get-a-fresh-start-on-my-station, everything is unbearably slow (on windows 7 64 bits too)

Hm, and what’s worse: Station keeps auto-updating, so even after re-installing 1.25.1 (which keeps working fine), Station updates to 1.26.0 (which has problems loading anything from Outlook, Gmail, GDrive, FB Messenger, Github, and HipChat). I’ll have to hold off using Station until this is fixed in a new update, it seems :frowning:.

(Maxim Doucet) #4

@rvdb how did you find the link to 1.25.1? Could you share it here?

@maximd Sure: https://github.com/getstation/desktop-app-releases/releases. But it probably won’t help you for a long time, since Station auto-updates to the latest version (unless I’m overlooking a setting for preventing this).

(Maxim Doucet) #6

Thanks a lot!

I can confirm that 1.25.1 behaves correctly and does not show the same extremely slow behavior.

For now I will just keep reinstalling 1.25.1 until this is fixed :sweat_smile:

Station apps do not load/unresponsive
(Jason Lybbert) #7

My problem is that …apps just attempt to load, or says ‘cant connect’.
Ever since the most recent update, Station has essentially become unresponsive. I had to move to a different product today.

Videoclip:
https://json-rdbrck.tinytake.com/sf/MzAxMjUyMl85MDI4MTg3

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    Windows 7

• :gear: Station version
    Stationversion 1.26.0
    Electron3.0.2
    Chrome66.0.3359.181
    Node10.2.0
    v86.6.346.32
    @getstation/services0.22.1

(Pete Thorne) #8

Same on macOS. Reinstalled but no apps load. I’ve deleted station and gone back to chrome tabs

(Alexandre Lacheze) #9

@Jasonlybbert do you still have the issue as of today?

@Alexandre I still have mine: Station now manages to start up, apps like Outlook and FB Messenger do seem to load, showing an inbox or overview of messages, but interacting with the pages is not possible.

Everything had been working okay for me but google calendar stopped loading. I can close Station and re-open it will work for a few minutes and then stop. Using Mac 10.13.6 Also, Medium has started to bug out as well. While trying to edit a story it won’t let me start typing.

(Jason Lybbert) #12

I do not have the issue anymore! (yay!) I am not sure if this was an issue on Stations end or my end. I have a feeling this issue was related to how my network and station were communicating (DNS/IP/etc).

I was able to resolve the issue by:

1. flushed my DNS - windows cmd:
    ipconfig /flushdns
  2. released/renewed my IP
    windows cmds:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
  3. PC restart

(jl) #13

I am experiencing the exact same issue as Jruss (Google Calendar freezing until reboot) on Station 1.26.0 with Mac OS X 10.14.0

(Alexandre Lacheze) #14

@Jruss @jlahne thanks to @neilio, we pin-pointed the issue with Google Calendar. It freezes when receiving notifications for events.

We are working on fixing the issue, and it should be released next week.

In the meantime, there is a small workaround: in Calendar settings, change notifications from “Interruptive alerts” to “Browser notifications”. We are explaining a similar manoeuvre here.

(Abhinav Chadha) #15

My problem is that …

Whenever I open Google Calendar it is frozen and nothing can be done in the app.

I have to remove and re-add the calendar app or open it in a detached mode.

It works until any other app is not opened and once again it is frozen.

• :gun: Trigger — Lost focus

• :boom: Issue — Frozen App

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS Mojave

(Hélder Oliveira) #16

My problem is that Google apps (Calendar, Drive, Documents) are reloading all the time. Started noticing this after the last update.

(Simon Smith) #17

Having the same issue. Making Station unusable.

(DevBytes) #18

There may be better ways to solve this problem, but for now i found these two options.

The first thing you can try is right clicking inside the current app that has problems.
You should get a menu that looks like this:
2018-10-24_17-22-40
In this menu click on “Reset Current Application”
This could solve the problem.

Another way of solving this would be “Resetting” your station.
:warning: But you will have to reconfigure your Station afterwards. :warning:
You can find the guide on how to do this here:

Tell us if this helped you :wink:

(Chanda Jameson) #19

My problem is that …
After updating to 1.26.0 I am noticing that Gmail will not allow me to delete emails. I have not found a workaround for this other than using the browser version or app on my phone.

Also, my Google Calendar does not recognize that the new day has begun and seems to be frozen on the previous day. I have to close Station and restart it for it to be usable.

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue — Google integration

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Win10

(Kalyan Varma) #20

My google calendar keeps getting hung. It happens very frequently now. At least 3 - 4 times a day. I just cannot do anything on it, including refreshing or reloading by ctrl+r or double click on icon. I have to uninstall the app and install again to get it to work. This has been frustrating since I’m now having to use google calendar on the browser while my email is on Station.

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :desktop_computer: OS version

• :gear: Station version