Skype is buggy / keeps freezing / needs frequent reloading

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My skype keep showing blank page. Sometimes show an error message

:warning: Mandatory details

Skype still freezes. Have switched back to Franz where Skype works fine. I will try Station again after any new updates. But at this point Station is not a productive option.

1 Like

I try station everytime there is a new release and so far Skype keeps crashing. I use Skype all the time so I have to switch back to using FRANZ until this is fixed.

My problem is that …

Same problem here - Using Windows 10 and latest Station

No Skype, No Station :-/

My problem is that I can not use Skype properly, it asks me to reload every time i type in something long enough. Skype is my most used app and I have to use Skype official app to chat. It’s really anoying

• :gun: Trigger — In Station, switch to Skype and type or send a file to someone

• :boom: Issue — Station shows a pop-up to tell me to reload skype

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS 10.14.5

• :gear: Station version 1.43.1

My problem is that links sent to me on the Skype app are not opening and you have two pop-ups: one saying "Oops, it looks like something went wrong. Click OK to automatically reload Skype for Web, and a second one that is a Station blank page.

• :gun: Trigger Opening a link in the Skype app.

• :boom: Issue Link is not opened.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version Windows 10 Pro

• :gear: Station version 1.43.1

If you have one of the issues described here, remember to vote at the top of this page

Just after typing some letters, the following error message pops up and want to reload the page.
Clicking on the “eye” icon and the page reloads. Parts of the written message is lost, but most is preserved.

Developer gonsole gives following message a minor bit before “refresh”

Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger Writing any text in the chat input field.
  • :boom: Issue Error message is shown and page needs to reload. Loosing input text.
  • :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures See screenshot above
  • :desktop_computer: OS version Ubuntu 19.04
  • :gear: Station version 1.43.2

Every time I send a message on skype, it runs into and error and makes me refresh the window.

It seem to be related to number of characters that has been entered into the chat window.
Switching into Skype to write something small like a smilie works and then back out.

If you write a long text message and then switch to Skype, paste it, send it and then switch to another application, it will not crash. Tiresome but works as a semi workaround.

Start to write a longer text message, and it crashes more or less at the same amount of characters. You can still write with the “crash” box appearing and once you hit ENTER the message is sent. You don’t see what’s being written but its working in the background. When you then hit reload, the message you wrote will be seen and showed as sent.

It happens to me too, on Windows 10

At first Skype crashed when I focus on the Skype App, type in and wait some seconds, eventually the app chrashed and then automatically reloads.

but, after the last update, Crashes every time, even thou wasn’t on focus, just crash on bacfkgroudn reloading and crashing again, and again and again"

Please Fix!!!

I think it has something about with muted notifications, or some sort

Hi.
1.45.2 still has this bug. Because of this I cannot use Station as I keep getting the error message telling me I need to refresh Skype.
Please fix this asap.
Thanks.
PS: Franz works just fine with Skype.

I am being affected by this issue too which is a shame as it is such a great app!

This is still an issue in the latest version: 1.46.1

same here, skype stop while typing… version 1.48.1 latest