Reorder pages / sort tabs in alphabetical order / move bookmarks up and down / lock pages on top

(Felipe) #1

SUMMARY
Being able to reorganise/change the order of apps’ pages.

GIVE US CONTEXT

For example when having multiple documents opened on Google Drive there comes a points in which I’d like to have the most important files at the top, for easy selection, but this can’t happen as the we can’t control in any way the order of the files

PROVIDE DETAILS

I’d like to be able to drag & drop to change the order of opened windows/pages of an app.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT

The main advantage is speed in switching between windows when having several of those opened from an app

Sub-dock has no logical sorting method and the currently open highlight is useless
Move / Rearrange pages
Sorting pages
Lock starred pages to top and order them
Move starred bookmarks up and down in page-list
Stared pages in alphabetical order
(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #2

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)
That would be very nice if the stared pages were in alphabetical order :slight_smile:
And have another liste not stared in another alphabetical order again.

As a … I want to … so that …

As it’s quite a bother to find them…

When I …

When I’m working on Drive, I do have a lot of stared pages…

I’d like …

to save more time !

The main advantages for me are:

• to work faster
  • not to bother finding my most used files

(Didrik Kaljo) #3

Give the user control over the sorting of pages

As someone with a lot of tabs I want to be able to reorganize starred bookmarks so that it’s easier to find what I’m looking for.

When I try doing it now it’s “static” and can’t be moved. The only way to reorganize them is to re-star the pages in the order I want them to be listed.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to be able to move these freely by clicking and dragging the mouse

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

• Easier to find what I need
  • Give my work more structure
  • Give my OCD some much needed help :grin:

2018-03-16%2015_57_20-Station

(Dennis Kuscu) #4

For some apps I have pages/folders that I will always keep using, and I have ‘short term’ starred pages.

I would like to be able to in some way ‘permanently’ fix a page/folder to the top and below them have the ‘normal’ starred pages. Something like fixing an app to the start menu in Windows. And also rearrange (and rename) the fixed pages/folder.

It would help in my workflow because they will always be on top.

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As an avid used of Google Sheets I want to be able to sort my pages so that I can navigate more easily.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I add a new page to my Google Drive app I’m not sure how they are sorted, it’s not by alphabet nor by time added.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to be able to drag pages as we can drag apps to sort them in any way.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

• being able to sort my pages for apps where I have many

(Erick Lauer) #6

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

I think it would be a great thing to include a feature that would let users move / swap / rearrange pages within an app like tabs on a regular browser.

I usually have 20+ Google docs at any given point so sorting is my top request by far. Alphabetical sorting is preferred. It would nice to be able to toggle between alpha, most recently used, and most recently opened.

+1 for sorting capability.

(Sean Crowe) #9

Job to be done:
When I’m finished with a google document I want to quickly find that document in the sub-dock and close it so my colleagues don’t think I’m still looking at it.

Problem is:
When I have 25+ google documents open (which happens frequently and is a different problem), its extremely difficult to locate to the currently open document. This stems from two problems:
1. There is no sort order - files seems to be added to the list at any random point. If it was sorted alphabetically or by recently opened then I could easily predict where the document is in the list. Today I have to scroll up and down through the list hunting for the document.
2. The highlighting of the open file is way too subtle - There should be lots more contrast to the currently open file so its easily identifiable. The slight, white gradient is useless.