Quick switch with mouse in the middle of the screen switch to wrong app

✅released
📦station-v1-30-x

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that when I quick switch apps (CRTL+TAB), and my mouse is around the middle of the screen, instead of switching to the previous one, it switches to the app the mouse is incidentally over. This is very annoying when I just need to switch to the most recent app and not to use the overlay quick switch window. You should take in account mouse selection only if the mouse is moved after clicking CTRL + TAB, or delay overlay display

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger - CTRL + TAB + Mouse in the middle of the screen (where the actual pannel shows up)

• :boom: Issue - Switch to the wrong app

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures - none

• :desktop_computer: OS version - windows 10

• :gear: Station version - 1.24.0

New Quick-Switch Design
(Ben Greeno) #2

I really like the new Quick-Switch design, however, it seems that its location makes my cursor more susceptible to be hovering over an item I don’t want to select when I activate Quick-Switch using control-tab. I often use control-tab to quickly switch between two different apps, but with the new Quick-Switch I find that I don’t always switch between the most recently used app.

This could be user error, but it isn’t clear what I’m doing wrong if it is.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #3

Hey @thomas & @bengreeno :wave:

This should be fixed in Station version 1.30 :partying_face:
Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved for you?

To update, just open the preferences (from the “Station” top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.

(Ben Greeno) #4

@Georges yep, I think I’m all good with this issue. Thanks for checking back in.

@Georges, good for me too! :ok_hand: