Paste without formatting / Paste as plain text / Paste and match style doesn't work (Command-Shift-Option-V)

(Luigi Nista) #1

The issue I’m facing is …

I can’t paste inside any apps with no formatting. And the sortcut also doesn’t work: Option + Shift + Command + V

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Paste without formatting
  • Issue: The shortcut doesn’t work
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

Add shift+command+V for pasting without formatting (Chrome feature)
Copy and paste without formatting does not work on Station (cmd+shift+v)
Paste as plain text
Paste and match style (Command-Shift-Option-V) not working
(Daan Pothoven) #2

I use this feature a lot throughout the operating system but it doesn’t work on station (on the latest MacOS).

(Drew Shannon) #3

I totally agree. Paste & Match Style is my default way to copy-and-paste anything on MacOS, and it’s invaluable when using Gmail.

The issue I’m facing is:
Pasting anything into an email from a browser or a document with formatting carries formatting

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue: Can’t paste plain text from context menu
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Windows 10 Home
  • Station version:
    Stationversion 1.21.0
    Electron2.0.2
    Chrome61.0.3163.100
    Node8.9.3
    v86.1.534.41
    @getstation/services0.21.0

(Ben Greeno) #5

Any timeframe to get this working? This feels like a big issue.

Same issue here - Station 1.24, MacOS 10.13.6.

This is basic (OS-level?) functionality that is essential for all sorts of professional workflows. It makes managing content really difficult.

On top of that and separate issue - sometimes Cmd+C stops working completely and I have to right-click to copy/paste anything at all. Seems like the clipboard is functionally broken in a number of ways! Would love to see this resolved to make Station better.

(Jake Hodgson) #7

Have to agree this is a major issue that needs fixing asap!

Same problem here. Very frustrating.

(Maciej Szpakowski) #9

Same issue here. Shift+CMD+V not working in gmail, gdrive, and dropbox paper

(Mark W) #10

Same problem here, really disruptive to Gmail workflow (and across the board). Like others the copy/paste shortcut itself stops working for me sometimes too (only right-click will work).

Current workaround is to paste text into a plain text file in TextEdit to strip formatting, then copy/paste into the email.

All ears if there’s a better workaround (until this is fixed)

(Kalyan Varma) #11

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

ctrl+shift+v which is used to paste something without formatting does not work on station.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Copy some text from the internet that has formatting. Paste it using cmd+shift+v, nothing gets pasted.

• :boom: Issue — Nothing gets pasted on cmd+shift+v.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — MacOS Sierra 10.12

• :gear: Station version — 1.27.1

(Pedro Cuéllar) #12

Same problem here. I fixed it coming back to release 1.26 but is now back to the same issue.

(David Sarlos) #13

Same issue here. version 1.28.1.

(Pedro Cuéllar) #14

Just moved to 1.29.0 and the issue persists. Amy workaround? This is a pretty disruptive bug.

(Fernando Torres) #15

Same problem, it’s a deal-breaker for me.

(Tevya) #16

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

Add shift+command+V for pasting without formatting (Chrome feature)

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

When I try to paste something with formatting, and I want it to match the destination formatting. I can’t do it, because Station doesn’t support Chrome’s functionality.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

Add Chrome’s feature of adding shift to the normal paste keyboard combo, to paste matching the destination formatting.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are:

• Hugely more efficient, as most pasting I do I want to match the destination.

(Kevin) #17

I have the same problem on macOS. This makes Station nearly useless when it comes to using Gmail to send emails.

(Chuck Clark) #18

Another upvote for the pain this causes in GMail using Station on macOS. I have to keep an editor open, paste in it, select, copy and then paste to GMail in Station. Really tedious and a pain and it feels especially misleading or like I’m somehow doing something wrong. If you use the well-known keyboard shortcut Cmd-Shift-V you see the menu flash quickly signaling you got a shortcut but nothing happens. When you open Edit and see Paste and Match Style it makes me think it is implemented but even choosing it from the menu does not result in the text being pasted.