Notifications are not working: no pop-ups, nothing in the notification center

I’ve installed Station and it seems to work great, apart from notifications. The only feedback I get when new mails / messages arrive in Gmail / Outlook / FB messenger, is the red dot next to the app icon in the left sidebar. No sound, though. Also, no notifications ever show up in the “notifications” section at the bottom: it always says “You have no notifications”, even if red dots are displayed next to the app icons in the left sidebar.
Also, I can only select “do not disturb” in the “notifications” window; I don’t know what the rightmost icon is meant for, but it doesn’t do anything.

Is this how it is supposed to work, or how should it be configured otherwise?

Also: I’ve noticed how the notifications in the left sidebar don’t seem to work with the “beta” or “latest” versions of Outlook / Gmail, but perhaps this is due to changes in how the new versions of those apps communicate?

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: mark some messages in Gmail / Outlook as unread, or wait until new messages arrive

• Issue: (numbers correspond to screenshot)

1. only a red dot in the left sidebar is displayed;
    2. no sound is played, no notifications are shown in the “notifications” overview;
    3. the rightmost icon in the “notifications” overview doesn’t do anything
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):

• OS version: Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit

• Station version: 1.11.2, Electron 1.8.4, Chrome 59.0.3071.115, Node 8.2.1, v8 5.9.211.38, @getstation/services 0.14.1

Not Receiving Notifications
No Notifications For Any App
Desktop notifications have not been displayed for a few days
No notifications on Mac
Notifications stopped working
(Georges Abi-Heila) #2

A post was split to a new topic: HipChat doesn’t trigger any popup notification / icon badge / activity red dot

(Georges Abi-Heila) #3

A post was merged into an existing topic: Google Inbox notifications don’t work / are missing

(Mike Deeks) #4

The issue I’m facing is:
I just downloaded Station for the first time on Mac and it doesn’t appear there are notifications for Gmail, Hangouts, Facebook, or WhatsApp (or anything). I assume there would at least be a red dot but there is nothing. Not even a popup.

• Trigger: Get a new email or chat in any of the above apps
  • Issue:
  • No notifications. No red dot for unread and no popups.
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Station version: 1.15.1

The issue I’m facing is I’m not receiving notifications in Station. I haven’t received one notification since starting to use Station, even though I have all notifications enabled.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #6

Hey @thirty, @Mike_Deeks & @rvdb :wave:

I’m having a hard time reproducing this bug and gonna need your help :ambulance:

1. Are you sure you enabled notifications in Station / disabled the focus mode?
  2. Are you sure you enabled each app’s notification / didn’t silence the individual apps?
  3. Are you sure you disabled your OS’ “Do Not Disturb” mode?
  4. Have you tested the behavior in your default browser: do you receive notifications there?
  5. Have you updated your Station to the latest version?

The issue I’m facing is:
2 x Goggle Inbox accounts, Google Drive, Google Keep, Google Calendar, Facebook Messenger - none of these notify when messages arrive, they show the wee red dot when I have Station open, but none of the usual Windows notifications as one would expect or see in something similar like Wavebox

• Trigger: None
  • Issue: As above
  • OS version: Windows 10 - latest updates
    Station version 1.19.0
    Electron 2.0.2
    Chrome 61.0.3163.100
    Node 8.9.3
    v86.1.534.41
    @getstation/services0.19.2

(Jean Claude Jung) #8

Just installed Station and notification is not working at all. 3 gmail, 1 outlook pro. Would be a great app but without notification is a bit of waste…

(Ron Van Den Branden) #9

It seems Station stops showing the red dot notifications if Outlook and Gmail are switched to the new layout.

(Retard Sroo) #10

Hello, same thing happened to me, I freshly run Station.AppImage and didnt recieve notifications on any application :frowning: I get red dots ner the icons, but I have empty notification panel and didnt get any pop-up.

:writing_hand:Brief description of the issue

My problem is that notifications have not been displayed for a few days. They are enable in Station & Windows settings… Many thanks

:warning:Mandatory details

• :desktop_computer: OS version Windows 10.0.17134

• :gear:Station version 1.25.1

(Akilah Pitts) #12

The issue I’m facing is …
One day last week, I cleared out my notifications and suddenly they stopped showing up under the notifications tab and I know I’m being tagged on different tasks and things like that. I’ve tried re-starting the app, turning notifications off then back on, turning DND off then on and still nothing. Please advise.

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • OS version:
  • Station version: