Notifications are not working / I never get any pop-up / There's nothing in the notification center

+1 on this issue.

-Gmail notifications work fine. (Red dot on app icon, and entry in notification list)
-FreshService half-works for me. (No red dot on app icon, but entry in the notification list.)

Other apps that do not work:
-Google Calendar
-Google Hangouts Chat
-FreshChat

0 Likes

(Chris Loyen) #22

Check here for a workaround that worked for me:

Seems like they’re just using code that worked in an old windows version and haven’t fixed it yet.

I’ve just signed up for the forum because the little annoyances (no tray icon anyone?) are really beginning to bug me.

How’s dev responsiveness? I see people have been reporting this since may here & august in the other thread.

Might have to look into Rambox-OS, which is a shame because there’s a lot of things I like better in Station.

0 Likes

(Cedric Schoenecker) #23

Same problem here and this makes the application almost useless …
I have no notification in the panel, no banner on the OS, just the red dot on the app icon…
(ex Facebook Messenger).

I’m on Mac OSX 10.14.2 with Station 1.36

0 Likes

I have Station 1.36 running on two macOS 10.14.3 devices. Notifications work perfectly on one computer, but I don’t get a single notification on the other.

No notification appear in the Station Notifications pane, and the Station app doesn’t even appear in the System Preferences>Notifications settings in macOS. I have followed all suggested help and even deleted and reinstalled the app, but that didn’t resolve the issue.

0 Likes

(Andrew Barnes) #25

I have recently installed and Slack is working great for notifications. But Outlook Pro doesn’t do anything notification or badge wise. Is this just because Outlook doesn’t do native desktop notifications over web?

0 Likes

(Arnar Þór) #26

I just installed the latest version of station on my freshly installed windows 10 system.

I get the red dot but no notifications.

I get notifications and sounds in native apps f.x. slack. And when in the browser f.x. messenger, but no sound or notification in the station app for those same programs.

0 Likes

(Federico) #27

Same problem here. Every app that is set with notifications “ON” by default (Es Whatsapp, Gmail, Slack…) is not showing any. The one where you can choose are working fine (es. Google Calendar, Trello…).

I tried Chris’s solution but it’s not working for me.

0 Likes

(Elliot) #28

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

Hi

How can I enable popup notifications (similar to browser push notifications) in Station?

I have notifications enabled, and I get the red dot on the bell and they appear in the notifications list, however I’d like to be able to get a popup/alert clearly visible even if I have Station minimized etc.

Maybe I’ve missed a settings somewhere, but I can’t find anything. All the “notifications” settings I found are turned on.

Thanks!

:warning: Mandatory details

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10

• :gear: Station version — 1.37.2

0 Likes

(Maciej Grzybek) #29

Any updates on that? Having same issue :frowning:

0 Likes

(Jude) #30

@maciek_grzybek @rvdb Hi guys!! I’ve finally found a work around to fix this issue! Here are the steps:

1. Follow this guide to turn notifications on. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1075549?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1
  2. Remove Gmail app from Station.
  3. Add Gmail app back to Station, again.
  4. Test sending email to your Gmail and you will get your first notification from Gmail!

This work around is based to the browser would ask the permission when we enable the notification, so we should enable the notification first then add it to Station to let it check the permission.

1 Like

(Toni Castillo) #31

This workaround works well with Gmail! Thanks
But, need we to do the same with all other apps?

0 Likes

(Jude) #32

But, need we to do the same with all other apps?

@Toni_Castillo I tried enabling the notification of FB Messenger within Station, and it worked just fine. Maybe we can try this workaround just by some cases.

0 Likes

(Toni Castillo) #33

WhatsApp-> Ok.
HangOuts-> not OK. (I listen the alert sound, but not notification popup)

I keep trying. Thanks.

0 Likes

@judez Thanks, works for Gmail. Yet, Outlook remains totally unresponsive:

• doesn’t seem to check for new mail automatically (even though I’ve enabled “background activity” in Station)
  • even when there are unread messages, no notifications whatsoever are shown; not even the red dot in the sidebar

Is there anything I might be overlooking (I’ve enabled notifications in the Outlook settings)?

0 Likes

(Lama Mag) #35

Love Station but Station loves me not. Or the damn Windows prevents Stations from working cause it’s not the first app behaving this way.

• No notifications, not even a red dot in the Station window itself - gmail, messenger, whatsapp (see attachment)
  • Focus mode disabled
  • Station does not exist in Windows Settings -> System -> Notifications. It happens quite often. Shift is there, Mailspring is not there, Station is not there. No wonder I do not get notifications as Windows does not integrate with Station
  • no Station among mail programs in Settings -> Apps -> Default. - Again Windows seems to ignore Station as mail app.

Help me, please. I chanced on Station, it’s like my dream came true except it is useless without notifications

IMG_2142

0 Likes

(Lama Mag) #36

I should add that Station - and other “notificationless” apps - is missing from the list in System --> Privacy --> Background Apps.

0 Likes

]When I get a Slack notification, I get two alerts in Station. I also do not see badge icons in the taskbar in Windows 10. Also, my Google Calendar alerts do not appear on my desktop, only in the actual app within Station. So I don’t see the alert until I click on the Calendar.

• :gun: Trigger — Unknown

• :boom: Issue — Double notifications for Slack, no desktop notification for Calendar, no badge icon in taskbar.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures — N/A

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 Version 1803

• :gear: Station version — 1.39.2

0 Likes

(Harmeet Singh) #38

I first want to say that this is an amazing app. I have been looking for something similar for a while and only today I got to know about it.

I have setup Slack, Gmail and Office 365 and even though I have red dots on the icons in the sidebar, I get no notifications.

• :gun: Trigger — Sending email via Gmail/Office 365 and Slack messages

• :boom: Issue — Notifications are always empty

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

Selection_036

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Linux Mint 19

• :gear: Station version — 1.31.0

Is there a way to enable a popup notifications like apps usually have so that I will get an update whenever I get an email etc?

0 Likes