Newly added applications section / sort app store by addition date / list of new services

(Ari Feldman) #1

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)
I want to see all of the recently added applications in a separate section of the Add apps and extensions so that I don’t need to search through all of the categories to see what’s new.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)
When I update my station to the latest version, I want to see which applications were newly added. Currently I have to search through all of the categories to see if applications are relevant.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)
I’d like a category that lists just the newly added applications and extensions.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• quickly see which applications have been added.
  • better usability for existing users

"New Addition" category to the Add App page
New applications - sort by recent additions
Station 1.25.1
Make it possible to sort apps by "new" in the "add apps and extensions"
(Zach Weismann) #2

Hi guys, would be great to see a list of most recently added applications or to be able to filter as such. Too time consuming to submit an app request and then keep searching or looking through the entire list to see if it was added.

(Jakob Plenge) #3

Sorting in the “add apps and extensions” so we can see what apps are new.

As you just wrote in the patchnotes, you have just added over 50 new apps, yet I have no idea what apps are added, because of the fact that there is no indication or way to sort apps by date added.

That would be so great to have, then we will quickly be able to grant an overview of whats been added.

(Christoph Foulger) #4

As a user I want to see a “New Additions” or “New Apps” category so I can quickly see if those new apps are something I would like add to my Station.

When I click the add app button I see a large list of app that are categorized. I like new things and would love to see them listed here. When I first installed Station I went through every category and added relevant tools that I use. Since then, I don’t want to have to go through all the apps that I have already looked through.

The main advantages for me are: Being able to locate apps that I use that I did not know where now part of Station.

(Chris Weaver) #5

Even if a new category isn’t made for the new apps an Icon or notice on the newest apps released in the update would be helpful.