ManageWP needs to open links to WP Admin in default browser

The issue I’m facing is: in ManageWP if you click a link to get to the Admin of a WP website, it opens inside Station. This isn’t good because station isn’t optimized to run the WP admin, and provides no access to tools that we need to design and manage these sites, such as: Chrome dev tools and the address bar. For example, I just needed to get to a page of the Admin that’s not accessible through any links (you have to know the URL) but there’s no way to modify the address in Station.

I checked and the buttons and icons that do this use the class “.mwp-admin-page-link” so maybe you can add some kind of listener or something and links/buttons with that class can automatically be opened in the default browser?

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Clicking icons or buttons that open the “WP Admin” for a site.
  • Issue: Opens in Station instead of default browser.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: macOS 10.13.5
  • Station version: latest stable

Hey @Tevya, thanks for reaching out!
We understand the pain here: simply using right-click > open link in default browser should solve your issue.

What do you think?

I think it’s a pain to have to remember that and it’s an extra click. Station is supposed to make my life easier, not harder.

I think if you review my other requests (like adding shift+command+v and “copy email address”… both Chrome features) you’ll see they’re all about making it simpler, easier to work with. I like Station, but in these various small ways, it’s harder to work with than a simple Chrome tab.

So for now, my ManageWP, Asana, and some other apps reside in Chrome tabs or “Application Shortcuts” because Station is actually harder to work with than Chrome.

1 Like

Yes, I have to agree with you here: some of our app’s integration are not as good as we’d like. We’re just forced to prioritise. Thanks for the additional details though!