Lose of focus when clicking on Station / clicks are not registered properly / accessing an input field requires multiple clicks

🛠working-on-it

(Godefroy) #1

Hi,

Since last version (I think), when I don’t have mouse focus on Station, I can’t directly get focus on an input field (eg: Slack message) or click on a button (eg: Gmail Archive button) in Station. I need to click 2 times: 1 time to get focus on Station, and 1 click to do the wanted action.

It starting to be annoying. Any idea how to fix this problem?

Minimize Doesn't Work When Window is Inactive
Station window loses focus when inactive
Clicks not being registered
(Julien Berthomier) #2

Hi @Godefroy ,

We couldn’t reproduce. Seems to be the exact same behavior on Chrome for instance (if I have my focus on Station and want to click on an input in Chrome, I have first to click on Chrome then on the input again). Could you send us a video of this specific behavior?

Thanks!

(Godefroy) #3

Hi,

I just made a screen recording of the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lllvfrb54bh0b9k/2017-12-21_16-21-38.mp4?dl=0

It’s not quite visible as I struggle showing clicks on video, but every time I wanted to focus on an input, I had to click only once on Chrome (left) and twice on Station (right).

(Julien Berthomier) #4

Thanks @Godefroy. Strange I still wasn’t able to reproduce at all. I see you are on Windows, that could be the reason why. I’ll have to check that on Windows to see if it comes from the OS.

(Julien Berthomier) #5

Hi @Godefroy - I checked on Windows and it’s indeed a specific bug on Windows only. This won’t be a priority for us to fix it in the near future as our roadmap is already pretty packed but we’ll let you know once it is.

(Alberto Eger) #6

Hi there! Same exact problem for me. If you could fix it in the future would be AWESOME! Thanks :slight_smile:

(Ewald Van Zyl) #7

Same for me. Is it related to this bug? -> Minimize Doesn't Work When Window is Inactive

Generally, clicks do not register well in Station.It’ll take 2, 3 presses of buttons before the app responds. It’s annoying yes, but it’s also critical in things like gmail “Did it send that email, is the app hanging up or working?”
The app is great guys, I like the idea but it not registering clicks on the first go is forcing me to go back to chrome for a variety of tasks.

I thought it was a processes/ram issue but have been able to recreate this while only station is open.