Integration with Things 3 (Things Helper.app) from Cultured Code

(Chuck Clark) #1

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

As a user of Station and Cultured Code’s Things 3 I want to be able to trigger Things Helper populated with metadata from GMail inside of Station so that important emails can be tracked as part of my TODO tracking system.

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

When I activate the helper I would like to have the information about the current email passed from Station to Things Helper. Here is a screenshot of GMail running in Chrome (similar behavior happens with Firefox and Safari).

When I trigger the exact same sequence from within Station I see the following:

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like for Station to minimally pass the URL of the current app along to the Helper so I can link and get back to the email easily. But including the subject and sender would be nice.

More info about the Helper can be found here.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are:

• Things 3 is a core part of my workflow. Previously I used OmniFocus from the OmniGroup and there we similar integrations so I expect OF users would embrace Station as a part of their workflow then too.
  • I find that I’m not adding important emails to my TODO list because I need to manually create them.
  • When I do manually create them often times it is too tedious to capture the URL and full subject so I try to express the email in concise terms that will remind me…but often times it isn’t enough context.
0 Likes