Improve App Store with additional app info / description of apps

(Sean Lindsay) #1

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a relatively new Station user I want to check what apps have been added recently, and read more about the apps Station supports.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I check out the Add Apps page (to see if apps I’ve asked for are now supported) I see a long list of interesting apps that may be of use to me. However there’s no way to tell what apps have been added recently, and if I want to investigate an app, my choices are: add it to Station sight unseen, or search for the app in another browser.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to see an icon or label to indicate apps that have been added recently, and be able to follow a “more info” link (a question mark would do) to open the app’s homepage (or an appropriate, maybe Station-specific landing page) so I can explore unfamiliar apps.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• easily checking what new apps have been added recently
  • enabling me to explore new or unfamiliar productivity apps that align with Station’s focus
  • making Station an exploratory tool for discovering apps that may improve my workflow/business

Add descriptions of each app on hover or by clicking an info button on the add extensions page
App information or link
Show brief description of the app on hover
(Benjamin Sampson) #2

Would be really useful if I could see a manually-entered or metadata description when hovering over apps in the app store.

I want to use station for it’s browsing capability too.

(Lars Bryrup) #3

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

As a User I want to Be able to see more information about an app (either in Station or simply through a link) so that I can use Station to learn about new potential apps.

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

When I try to add an app - I would like to be able to know more about it - this way I can use Station to discover new apps to improve my workflow.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like to be able to click the app (within the add app view) and see more information about it or maybe it has a link to a page where I can read more about it (fx their own webpage).

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are: Discoverability of new apps

(SoundGleeChris) #4

I’d want to know if any of these would be useful to my team, concise descriptions of each app may help more users find things their team had no idea about before. This could also be a benefit to companies who become partnered with station as their app can become more discoverable. I really do love this program and think that this feature would help take it further.

Cheers,

Chris from the SoundGlee Team

(Russell Chang) #5

This would be nice. Wavebox does this.