How to uninstall Station?

💬answered

(Julia Morrongiello) #1

Hi Team,

I love station but unfortunately its causing my computer to totally over heat, high fan speeds, etc. On top of that, I can now no longer delete the app. I’ve deleted it, emptied trash, rebooted my computer and each time I log into my computer the Station app is still there! Can someone please help me solve this issue asap?

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Best,
Julia

Unsure how to uninstall Station
Uninstall Station
(Georges Abi-Heila) #2

Hey @Julia_Morrongiello,

You can uninstall Station the same way as any other app.

Hope this helps.

Hi team,

Ok, and on Linux, we just need to remove the AppImage? No other files spread in the system?

Thanks,
Tongtwist

(Georges Abi-Heila) #4

Indeed! Just updated my 1st post with Linux instructions.

(Philip Anthony Larsen Donnelly) #5

The Linux uninstall doesn’t seem to work for me. I wanted to uninstall because I ran it the first time from ./Downloads/ and didn’t want to keep it there. The first time I ran it there was a pop-up about integrating with the system. I could also pin the app icon to the ubuntu dock.
After deleting the appImage and the .config/Station directory and downloading the image again: when starting the app I did not get the pop up and I cannot pin the icon to the dock. So it seems something is persisting from the previous “installation”!?

(Joël Charles) #6

@Phil_Larsen_Donnelly On some systems a file could have been created in ~/.local/share/applications (usually called appimagekit-station.desktop) that can also be removed. It really depends on how well your system supports AppImage.
If you need more information, I suggest that you check the Discourse of AppImage.

(Philip Anthony Larsen Donnelly) #7

Thanks @joel ! That was it!

(Pj Bouvier) #8

Hello, I’d like to uninstall station.

I’m on Mac OS 10.13.6 and every time I shut down my computer then start it up Station re-appears even though I had previously deleted it. I’ve asked for help through your Intercom chat 2 weeks and have not gotten any responses.

I cannot uninstall Station or prevent it from starting up - any advice on how to do this please?

Thanks!

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(óscar García) #10

Hello,

I neet to uninstall completely Station (in order to reinstall it) because the Trello app is not working ok. It says that cannot open all the resources of trello, but another station in the same lan works ok.

So, I need to remove everything about Station in my computer and reinstall it.

As there is no uninstaller, could you tell me the steps to remove station?

Thanks for your support and for your program… it’s really great!!!