Have individual notifications settings for each app

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a heavy Slack user, I want to have more control on my notifications so that I’m bothered only when needed.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

Currently, I don’t use Station’s notifications center because it contains information that I don’t need / care about. (Like some Slack teams)

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to set individual notifications settings for each app.
In my specific case, I would disable the notifications of all apps expect Gmail as it’s the only app that I need to be constantly monitoring

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• Better focus as the frequency of interruptions is reduced
  • Time gain as I get a summary of all the information I care about in the notification center.

I also second this request… Right now the Station notifications are pretty useless to me as I get all notifications all the time, usually so many that they just end up being “bundled”. I’d like to be able to set notifications on an individual app basis so I can turn on the ones I care about, when I care about them

1 Like

I third!

In particular, it would be great to be able to customize your ‘focus’ settings so that you can turn Gmail notifications off but keep Slack notifications on, for example. Or turn everything off except for Google Calendar pop ups so that I don’t miss important calls/meetings.

1 Like

Hi!

We heard the feedbacks and we’ll be working on a notification settings feature.

Thanks!

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Add more settings / customisation options to manage notifications

@Georges This was implemented? Where?

Since Station 1.8, there’s a bell icon in each app’s subdock to toggle notifications on/off:
CloudApp

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

To be able to silent specific apps

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

Focus mode silent all apps, an option to silent specific apps when I want will be great.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

For example, I want one slack domain to be silent all the time if I have few of them.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• Be able to focus on specific stuff during work and still see notification of things that are important for me.

It’s good that we have this feature.

But I’m very surprised to see there’s no such settings in the settings page of the station app itself. I have to find this post to know how to disable/enable notification for an individual app.

Can we please also add it to the settings center?