Have a dark or night mode / allow custom themes in Station / change UI color

(Nihat Emre Yüksel) #1

Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks for the product. As a developer and a productivity geek, I can use my favourite tools together in Station App. But I’m also a dark theme geek. :smile: I use almost every tools with dark theme option or I switch theme via Stylus and userstyles.org. If you can add some adding/importing CSS feature, I’d be really happy. At night, I have to use Chrome instead of Station because of these dark theme options.

Again thanks for the great app, have a great process!

Have a dark / night mode in Station
Change UI color
Bring on the Darkness!

Compatibility to userstyles.org would be really great.

(Viktor Komarovskih) #3

Hi!
How can I set a Night mode in Telegram like in desktop version:
https://direct.yandex.ru/?partner

It will be great if a possible use color setting for all apps. For example, if change dark/night mode in Station this applies to all apps. Maybe use Stylish for it.

Best,
Viktor

(Vijay Srinivas) #4

Dark Mode in Station

I have a full time Digital Marketer and I also do some freelance stuff as a side hustle. So, I put tin long hours before my laptop, especially station.

Currently, long time usage is a little uneasy on the eyes. Would love to see a dark mode version which will be easy on my eyes and vision.

(Steve Harman) #5

+1 for this.

In 2018 it’s almost a bug report “I can’t find the dark mode option”. :wink: .

With IDEs, SQL tools, API tools, mobile apps like Twitter & many others, even Apple implementing optional dark mode in macOS (on top of what’s already there) - this is a must-have.

Thanks

(Nick Byble) #6

I think it would be amazing to add a dark mode. Might be unnecessary for a lot of other peeps but the darker an interface can be for me the better.

Cheers!

(Jean Claude Jung) #7

I saw some station screenshots with a nicer background then mine. Is there a way to change background of the left panel?

Station on my Mac looks like this:

07-09-2018--8-47-42-SNAP

(Steve Harman) #8

How I wish the “Enable Dark Mode” feature of Android Messages was available Station-wide. :slight_smile:

Station

(Daniel Marino) #9

+1 for themes and dark mode

(Aaron M) #10

+1 for themes and dark mode as well

(Michael Borohovski) #11

+1. Support for the ‘Dark Reader’ extension would be stellar.

(Ryan Garant) #12

@Alexandre or @joel would you accept a PR to integrate userstyles? If so which repo(s) file(s) should we start at?

(Bob Weston) #13

While it is not convenient or what I’d consider a long-term-viable fix, the fact that Station gives access to View -> Developer -> Toggle Page Developer Tools does mean it’s possible to inject custom styles from the console. At least, I have that working for my dark Slack theme.

However, since I haven’t figured out a way to splice it into Station itself somewhere, I have to do it every time I start Station for every instance of every app I want to do it for. I just thought I’d mention it as something to explore for anyone else coming across this ticket who considers it worth the effort. If anyone can work out where Station might have a file we could edit to splice in a DOMContentLoaded event listener to an app as it’s being fired up (and how to tell which app it is), that might get us at least to the same level of convenience as loading a custom theme in the Slack desktop app.

Stylish support, or any kind of built-in setup for custom scripts or styles, would certainly still be a better long-term solution.

(Katie Tyler) #14

+1 on this! Like most users, I’m constantly in front of screens and would really love to give my eyes a break when working on various tasks throughout my day.

(So Ka) #15

same here.
+1 for dark theme in general, even better if use of stylish/stylus type of customization, a lots of good thing already available there.

(AM) #16

+1 for dark theme, please!