Gsuite (Drive, Inbox, Gmail, Calendar) profile pictures / workspace icons are not updated in the sidebar / account avatar does not load

(Jérémy Pichard) #1

The issue I’m facing is :
The Photo next to the Google Drive/Inbox icon is the default one and I have a custom one. I can’t differentiate one account from another.

PS : If you can find a method for the slack team too for differentiate them it’ll be awesome

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue: The Photo next to the Google Drive/Inbox icon is the default one
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): !
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra : Version 10.13.2
  • Station version: 1.11.2

Gmail photo not updating in the sidebar
User's "Account Image" in sidebar icons rarely load
(Kori Harrison) #2

I changed my gmail photos a while ago and the photos appearing in my station sidebar are the same photos from when I initially downloaded it.

(Paul Rowe) #3

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

It is rare that the user account image from my connected Google profile will load and display on the sidebar icons. Most of the time, it is shown as a “broken image” placeholder. However, if I click my Team’s logo (which always loads correctly) in the bottom left, the Google Account Image for my user will display correctly, so it is getting to the application.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Open Station, view Gmail, GCal, GDrive icons in sidebar, each with a sub-icon indicating the connected account

• :boom: Issue — The sub-icon is always a broken image, instead of the user’s account icon from Google.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesimage

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OSX 10.14.3

• :gear: Station version — 1.38.1