Gmail won't log in due to unsupported browser

:writing_hand: Personal Gmail won’t login but work Gmail does

Just switched back from Station Next to Station and having some app troubles. On latest version:

Stationversion 1.47.0
Electron5.0.7
Chrome73.0.3683.121
Node12.0.0
v87.3.492.27-electron.0
@getstation/services0.29.7

:warning: Mandatory details

Hi @O_G!

It seems to be a problem with your local’s data of Station. We recommend that you try a fresh start of your Station by following this indications.
Unfortunately, you will have to install your applications back after that. We are sorry that the transfer didn’t work well.

Tell us how it goes!

Hi @Maud,

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll try the fresh install when I get a break.

Best,
Omri

Hi @Maud, I’m facing the same issue…

• I did a completely fresh install, including deleting the ~Library/Application Support/Station folder
  • added the Gmail app
  • logged into my work email => no problem :white_check_mark:
  • then added a second login, tried signing into my personal Gmail => same error :x:

Can you please advise??

Thanks,
Omri

Hello Omri,

Thanks for trying that and telling us about it.
I’m sorry it didn’t work. We will look into it and I’ll keep you in touch.

Have a nice day!

:writing_hand: Gmail freezes and totally stops working every time I click on “Send”.

My problem is that I can’t use Gmail on Station because it freezes every time I want to send an email and I get a popup saying that my version of Chrome is outdated.

I already had this problem before but it stopped happening when I started working with Station Next.

• :gun: Trigger Click on Send

• :boom: Issue Freezes

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures Description is self explanatory

• :desktop_computer: OS version macOS Mojave 10.14.6

• :gear: Station version 1.47.0

Hello @Clement_Desplats !

It seems to be a problem with your local’s data of Station. We recommend that you try a fresh start of your Station by following this indications. Unfortunately, you will have to install your applications back after that.

Tell us how it goes!

::writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that … I can sign in to 2 of my 3 gmail accounts but the 3rd will not, it says:

You are trying to sign in from a browser or app that doesn’t allow us to keep your account secure.

Try using a different browser. Learn more

Is there a setting involved with that 1 gmail account preventing it from signing in or something else i need to do. Please help.

• :gun: Trigger — Trying to add my 3rd gmail account

• :boom: Issue — Will not let me add my 3rd gmail account, says: You are trying to sign in from a browser or app that doesn’t allow us to keep your account secure.

Try using a different browser.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — windows 10 home

• :gear: Station version — 1.47.0

I was wondering about whether there’s a Gmail setting, too. I have a hard time believing my personal Gmail is set up with more restrictions than my work one - but it’s the personal account that won’t sign in.

I have 2FA set up on both. Happy to share any other settings I have enabled - just let me know.

Also, this is happening on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87)

For closure, this seems to have resolved itself on future updates. I can now access all my Gmail accounts across macOS and Windows.