Gmail makes Station unresponsive / station freezes when activating Grammarly & Gmelius extension / crashes when using Gmail

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that …
Gmail crashes Station a while after using it.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Gmail

• :boom: Issue — After about 30 minutes to an hour of using Station, the gmail window turns blue and it says ‘it can’t load gmail’. IT then crashes the whole program or I have to force quit the program. This has been happening now since Station v1.38

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OS 10.13.6

• :gear: Station version — 1.40.1

I’m experiencing the exact same thing. Can you guys look into it please?

• :desktop_computer: OS version MacOS Mojave 10.14

• :gear: Station version 1.43.2

Many thanks :slight_smile:

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue
Station crashes unexpectedly. It also freezes when using Gmail
My problem is that …
Gmail app freezes, and suddenly staion crashed

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Gmail/ Gramarly extension and Gmelius Extension

• :boom: Issue — Crashes and loss of work

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OS Mojave

• :gear: Station version — 1.43.2

Hi,
I’ve got exactly the same issue freeze+crash (version 1.43.1) and so many times a day that I stopped using Station for a while until I found that disabling Gmelius solved the issue.
Still a few crashes but much less and Station keeps running after crash error message (very strange behavior).
Maybe it could help : I’ve got 5 gmail accounts and 17 other apps (Slack, Google Drives, Calendars, ClikUp, Polymail, Coda, Notion…)

And I must admit : Station rocks !! so it is very hard to get away from it :wink:

Exact same problem here :pleading_face:

I can confirm.
With the gmelius extension active, composing new emails and replying to emails (especially long threads) causes CPU spike and eventually a blue “can’t load gmail” screen. Clicking reload closes (crashes) station entirely.
Once the gmelius extension is disabled, no more crashes.
I’ve seen lines in the console mentioning gmelius pinging home to check if I was on a paid account, but I’m not sure this is related.

Hi!
Same issue in my case. Sometimes its after 30 min to 1 hr, but usually just hangs when I compose email (just writing, but the threads are longer).

Trigger: Gmail + Gmelius
App: version 1.46.1

Now testing with Gmelius switched off.