I am on the verge of abandoning Station because of this bug. I noticed it first some time early this year (1.38.1 I believe). And it has remained consistently through the updates. I am on 1.40.1, and it is still there. Not easy to reproduce, but I will try to give you some info.
- It lags, but the lag can be very long (up to 15-20 seconds), so that you have the impression that it is frozen.
- The issue is systematic on some email threads. i.e. I can reply to a small thread without problem. and when I open a problematic thread, gmail will lag unbearably in station, so I need to switch back to chrome to answer.
- I noticed the freeze only in Gmail for me. But the lag is across accounts. I can open the same problematic thread in two different gmail accounts on station, and it will lag in both.
- Simply typing text is what causes the lag.
- Restarted the computer yesterday.
- OS 10.14.4
I suspect it is a visualisation issue of varying formats.
-> I tried to reproduce in an artificial thread (3 adresses exchanging, 20 replies, 1 attachment of 2 Go, 1 Gdrive link, 1 non gmail address), but this one stays fluid. So I am a bit at odds of what it is exactly.
-> I copied one problematic thread in a brand new email, and the issue appeared. The freezing became less and less long as I gradually removed attachments, images, formatting, length, layers.
Hope that helps. If you have any other ideas for how I can help to narrow down the problem, let me know.