Frequent sign outs in Office 365 / recurrent logouts in Microsoft Outlook / unable to sign back in One Drive

(Derek Sudduth) #1

Hello Station Team,

As of the last week I’ve noticed a couple of issues with Outlook and Outlook Pro:

1. Outlook Pro will not remain signed in when station is closed and reopened. This worked in the past without issue.
  2. Even though I would be fine having to log in again, Outlook Pro gets into a state where it cannot fully sign out and does not provide a means to sign back in. I am forced to remove the app and add it again to recover.

Details

Outlook pro logs me out constantly and can't sign me back in again without removing and reinstalling the app
Cannot Sign in to Office 365
Outlook Pro logout issues
Outlook Pro with SSO stuck on logout page / Station Community stuck on 1Password beta form
Outlook pro login/out issues
(Uniting Vic Tas) #2

I have the same issue. Is there some resolution to this?

(Jon Miller) #3

I am being logged out of my outlook account daily. It just gives me a splash screen that says you’ve been signed out and to close all windows. Refreshing the page does nothing. In order to log back in, I need to open a new instance or window, so in effect, I must have an extra Outlook window open at all times in order to log in to email and calendar.

Macbook Pro Early 2015 OS 10.13.4 8GB

(Wojciech Duda) #4

The issue I’m facing is the following: I added Outlook Pro that is hooked up to a corporate Active Directory for SSO. Because of the rules there I am automatically logged out after some period of inactivity. Station only shows me the logout screen, reload does not help, going back/forward with keybinding does not help, I can only remove the application and re-add it.

The same happens for the Station community if I use go to the changelog, apply for 1password beta, go to the typeform form, fill it out - I get stuck on the typeform without a way to go back to the actual community page as going back keybind does not work.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: see above
  • Issue: see above
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
  • Station version: 1.5.1

(Will Bowditch) #5

Outlook Pro will timeout causing the user to be logged out. Station cannot recover from this without removing the Outlook Pro app and re-adding it.

Notification from Outlook recommends closing the browser with no option to sign back in.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Leaving outlook pro logged in without any activity for some time
  • Issue: cannot log back in.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): I will add this next time it happens.
  • OS version: OS X 10.13
  • Station version: Stationversion 1.14.1, Electron2.0.0, Chrome61.0.3163.100, Node8.9.3, v86.1.534.41, @getstation/services0.17.3

(Uniting Vic Tas) #6

I now have the additional issue that every time I download a file it logs me out and I need to open a new instance. I am on Windows 10, using Station 1.15.1

(David Payne) #7

Whenever I get signed out of Office 365 I cannot sign back in. I get this screen: https://cl.ly/1B2A3F3h3w18

Reloading the page does not work.

(David Finkbiner) #8

The issue I’m facing is that every time i download a file from my OneDrive instance, my OneDrive logs out and i have to re-login for any future actions.

Version: High Sierra 10.13.4
Station:
Station version 1.11.2
Electron1.8.4
Chrome59.0.3071.115
Node8.2.1
v85.9.211.38
@getstation/services0.14.1

Constant password re-entering for MS services (also Salesforce and Datadog)?

Hello all. I use Station at work for Slack, Office, Salesforce, Datadog, and it’s great!

Thanks for a great product!

One thing I noticed is that for Office/365/Outlook (eg MS apps), I have to constantly reenter my password, even when I have checked remember password. Is there anything that can be done about this on the Station side? I looked thru options/prefs and didn’t see anything regarding this… just wondering if this is normal and others experience this, eg is there anything that can be done to alleviate constantly having to enter in the MS account password?

Also happens with Salesforce (actually the password dies quicker with this app), and to a lesser degree with Datadog.

Thanks for any help!

(Julien Berthomier) #10

Hi folks! @dsudduth @Uniting_VicTas @saturngtr81 @wduda @wab @TotalPayne @David_Finkbiner @indigodaddy

We are currently looking to fix this issue but we are unable to reproduce the bug on our side.

I noticed there are mainly 2 related issues:

1. you are being logged out randomly from Outlook after a certain amount of time
  2. you need to log back into Outlook after closing Station as the session expires

Does any of you still experience those issues?
If so we would love to investigate the issue further with you so we can help everyone else :slight_smile:

Cc @Alexandre

Fyi: many of you are blocked on the “Signed out” page as Microsoft does not offer a link to log back in & you do not know how to get back to the login page on Station => you should right click anywhere on the page and chose “reset app”.

(Derek Sudduth) #11

Hi @julien,

The issue does continue in the latest version of the app (details below). While the first two items you mention do occur, the “Signed Out” page issue can only be recovered by removing the app and adding it back. I’ve tried the suggestion to double-click the icon. It doesn’t have an effect, at least on macOS. I can’t speak to other platforms.

Let me know if there are any additional details I can provide.

Stationversion 1.23.0
Electron 2.0.2
Chrome 61.0.3163.100
Node 8.9.3
v8 6.1.534.41
@getstation/services 0.21.3

(David Teplow) #12

I have the same problem running a Retina MacBookPro, 15", Late 2013, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6 and accessing mail through <outlook.office365.com>. Is there a setting somewhere that allows a user to set the automatic logout duration after no activity?

(Sam Beng) #13

Hello there,

I have a quick fix for this annoying issue !

Solution :
Just right click on the outlook window and press “reset current application” (see pic).

Now you can re enter credentials !

++

(Toshi Briones) #14

Hello There!

I am also experiencing the required re-entering of password for Outlook Pro every first time open when computer starts.

How could I enable auto-sign in and remove the need of re-entering the password every time?

Cheers!

(mav) #15

Hi,
problem is still there in Station 1.31 (appimage on Kubuntu 18.04): using Outlook Pro or Office 365 I have to log in every time I start Station.
That doesn’t happen using Chrome (or Firefox or Opera if that matters).
I’ve experienced the “being stuck on the Signed out page” too, but that’s not deterministic; it happened, sometimes, it hasn’t in a while, and anyway now I know how to escape the dungeon.

Bye

This is my main complaint. Is any solution for this being looked at hopefully?

Great concept but Station has too many bugs for the moment
(Viktor Jensen Torp) #17

Several times per day I have to remove and restart the entire outlook pro app, just to get it to work. I’m using an enterprise account through my agency- Any idea if that’s bc of station or something on the enterprise account side? btw I barely know what I’m talking about here. thanks in advance!