🙏 Feedbacks needed 🙏 --- Quick-Switch: recent dock and subdock

(Justin Rosales) #23

Hi @Georges,

I followed the steps you provided in “How can I get a fresh start on my Station.” When I opened Station, it did delete all of my applications and asked me to re-sign in. After going through the process of signing in, picking new apps, as soon as it loaded all of the apps, the Quick Start notification came back and I’m back to the same locked screen, unable to do anything. Any other ideas? Thanks!

How can I remove this feature from my left nav ASAP?

(KJ Jones) #25

I for one, like the feature a lot! I am a shortcut user so I hardly even noticed that the icons shifted. I use the cmd+1-9 keys all day, and when switching back and fourth between apps works well for me if it’s one of the apps I use regularly enough to know its number. ctrl+tab works much better for that. Great improvement.

I can understand how people would not like the location of the icon, and it certainly doesn’t need to be there as far as I’m concerned. The only time I’m going back and fourth between 2 apps, I’m well aware of which apps those are, so there’s no need for me to see the most recent app up at the top. It also doesn’t work so well when you have custom icons for Slack. My “most recent” app right now is the Slack icon, but I don’t even have the Slack icon in my Station, I have my own Slack icons, so that’s kinda weird.

(Bob Weston) #26

View -> Toggle Station developer tools -> select an element to inspect it -> experiment with styling. Unfortunately I think it has to be done whenever you relaunch Station, but at least it’s possible.

My suggestion is to find the div with the class appcues-subdock-recent, which will also have a classname of c followed by some numbers (mine is c0121; I don’t think it’s autogenerated and subject to change, but I’m not sure). I changed the height of the .c0121 class to 0px instead of 30px. This caused the icon to disappear and I can’t mouse over it anymore, but the CTRL+TAB keyboard shortcut still works if I want to use it.

On the bright side, this feature and how invasively it grabbed my attention has let me to discover that the CTRL+T quick switch is way more useful to me than I’d realized!

(Viktor Jensen Torp) #27

The quickswitch indicator thing in the top left under the search bar shows me profile pictures from my last used conversations on slack and -so- many people at the office thinks that I’ve somehow logged in as them on slack. Can’t you make it clearer in the station UI that it’s not -me- that’s supposed to be there?

(Houmam Hatahet) #28
  • It’s working for me
  • They are relevant but lacking
  • Yes
  • Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS

I am really liking it. I have tons of channels and this helps me switch between them meaninglessly. However, I’d love to have this cover more apps like messenger, whatsapp, discord… you name it!

Keep up the good work

:writing_hand: No switch back to google drive

My problem is that when I switch away from google drive, quick switch doesn’t let me switch back to drive (but instead to the before last app used

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger : Switch app from google drive and back to google drive (with keyboard shortcut, of quick switch button or app list)

• :boom: Issue : drive doesn’t appear. Note that depending on the sequence of actions, this bug doesn’t always reproduce…

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures :
    Bug%20switch%20app

• :desktop_computer: OS version : W10

• :gear: Station version : 1.33 (but it occured in previous versions)