Dropbox keeps showing pop up window / "Collection chooser" window reopens endlessly on closing it

Do you still have the same problem in Station 1.27.1?
If you don’t have the newest update you can try to download the new version and see if the problem still exists.

Let us know if it helps :wink:

I just tried and I still see the same behavior (new window opens and reopens whenever closed) on Windows 10:

Stationversion 1.27.1
Electron3.0.5

Chrome66.0.3359.181

Node10.2.0

v86.6.346.32

@getstation/services0.23.0

I also see the same issue. Please fix this. It’s very frustrating.

@all - please vote on the thread above to ensure this gets priority.

1 Like

Same thing, but I’m on Ubuntu 18.10 (Station version 1.27.1).

Hi, I’m also facing this issue.

I use ver 1.29.0 on macOS Mojave 10.14.1 Beta (18B57c)

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that when opening a document in Dropbox Paper it pulls up a new window for Dropbox and clicking close will close this window but a new window just pops right back up. I can not seem to find a way to stop this from happening.

:warning: Mandatory details

Same issue here - dropbox paper launching dropbox file chooser

Mac Mojave - 10.14.2
Station - Version 1.35.0

Whenever you open up Dropbox paper, it opens up a Dropbox prompt that shows your file selector. This is already annoying but it cannot be dismissed or X’ed out.

I have the same issue. I deleted Station because of this bug a couple months ago. Just re-downloaded it hoping that this was fixed.

Any progress on this?

Same issue, impossible to use the paper app.

Station V1.35.0
MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.1

UPDATE :
The problem only appears when I click on a paper link that I found on a trello card, through the trello app

Version 1.36.0 does not resolve this issue…

I have noticed a difference in behavior recently (sorry, but I can’t remember exactly when; probably at least a month ago). Now I notice that the pop-up doesn’t show up for me until I open a document (it used to be on loading the Paper app). As before, I can’t make the window disappear, but I can put it in the background. After I close the document and am back at the Paper dashboard, I can close the pop-up window and it will stay shut. While not ideal, I consider this an improvement over the original issue where I had to restart Station (with a different app active) to get rid of the extra window.

I am on Windows 10. Station version details:

Stationversion 1.36.0
Electron3.0.5
Chrome66.0.3359.181
Node10.2.0
v86.6.346.32
@getstation/services0.25.1

Still having this problem:

On opening a doc in Dropbox paper, a Dropbox prompt appears that shows your file selector. It cannot be dismissed.

• :gun: Trigger Opening any document in Dropbox Paper
  • :boom: Issue Persistent file selector popup window
  • :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures - same as above
  • :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OSX - 10.14.2
  • :gear: Station version
    Stationversion 1.36.0
    Electron3.0.5
    Chrome66.0.3359.181
    Node10.2.0
    v86.6.346.32
    @getstation/services0.25.1

This is still happening. Any progress guys?

YES STILL …

Stationversion 1.37.2
Electron3.0.5
Chrome66.0.3359.181
Node10.2.0
v86.6.346.32
@getstation/services0.26.6

My problem is that …
There seems to always be this Dropbox file picker window that always shows up and I can not close it. Closing it just reopens it.

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    Mac 10.14

• :gear: Station version

Unfortunately I can’t work on Station with this bug & it doesn’t seem to be getting fixed any time soon. Time to delete station again.

1 Like

Oh NOOOOOO! Seriously?
Please, help this…

I have been facing the same issue. Cannot use dropbox or dropbox paper on Station.

Sadly I had to stop using station because of this as well as the freezing issue listed here:

For me, even an hour of inactivity would freeze it. I am using macbook pro(13 inch, early 2015) and OSX 10.14.4