Dropbox keeps showing pop up window / "Collection chooser" window reopens endlessly on closing it

(Tumaini Mosha) #1

The issue I’m facing is:
When I open dropbox app on station it pops out from station window a small window displaying dropbox content. When I close the pop-up it reopens, until I force station to quit.

Here’s the detailed report

Dropbox Paper keep popping up "collection chooser" window
Dropbox Paper Bug
Dropbox paper keeps showing popup window
Dropbox Paper
(Kristie Chen) #2

The issue I’m facing is:

• Trigger: Open any Dropbox Paper file
  • Issue: A “collection chooser” window pops up and cannot be closed. The window stays even after I switch to another app. The only way out is to delete Dropbox Paper. But everything is normal if I open Dropbox Paper in a browser.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): image
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Station version: 1.15.0

(Michael Mc Watters) #3

I’m having the same issue.

(Jonathan Crawford) #4

Yes it’s because of Dropbox Paper, from what I can tell. Make it stop! :slight_smile:

(Alexander Lim) #5

+1 I am also having this issue

(NageDales) #6

I’m having the same issue and its quite annoying :expressionless:

(Brendon Thiede) #7

Experiencing the same issue on Windows 10

It’s been happening for close to a month, and I know I’ve had at least a couple updates to Station, but here are my current details:

Station version 1.17.1
Electron 2.0.2
Chrome 61.0.3163.100
Node 8.9.3
v8 6.1.534.41
@getstation/services 0.19.2

Most recent occurrence was tonight when I clicked on the Paper app, which I hadn’t used since I last “freshly opened” Station yesterday. As soon as I clicked Paper, a pop-up window appeared, which briefly showed a title of “collection-chooser” before changing the title to “Dropbox”. When I first saw this behavior I had both the Dropbox app and the Paper app, but I removed the Dropbox app, since I really only use Explorer to interact with Dropbox and I was hoping it would change this behavior, but the same behavior was exhibited. My current work around is to minimize the window for the collection chooser and ignore it.

(Russell Chang) #8

Experiencing same issue. Also, Print and export don’t work.

(Rachael) #9

Also experiencing issue.

(Dustin Summers) #10

Yes having this issues was well. When dropbox paper document is opened and endless pop-up appears. I can tuck this behind the station browser, annoying none the less.

(Bren Kuka) #11

I am also having this same problem. I went in through Dropbox, and clicked Paper, wondering what it did. Now it does the whole pop-up collection-choser thing as described above.Windows 10 x64. Halp? It’s been 2 months…

(Tushar Motwani) #12

The issue I’m facing is:
When I click on Dropbox Paper inside Dropbox App, a wierd pop-up keeps coming up - asking me to choose a folder. On top of the pop-up, it shows ‘collection-chooser’.
I think this is unecessary. Please rectify this.
BTW - Station is GREAT!!! Thanx for keeping this free :slight_smile:

• Trigger: Dropbox Paper
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Windows - Latest Version
  • Station version: Latest

(Esteban Serrano) #13

Same issue here! Dropbox Paper app on Station 1.22.0 on macOSX High Sierra 10.13.6

(Jeremy) #14

same issue here… anyone find a solution yet?

(Pranav Panchal) #15

:writing_hand:Brief description of the issue

My problem is that whenever I open up dropbox paper and go into a document, the following popup (image linked below) comes up. Whenever I try to close it, it just reappears. It only closes when I exit any document. Not sure what the problem is.

:warning:Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger
    Opening a doc in dropbox paper

• :boom: Issue

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures
    25%20PM

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    MacOS mojave

• :gear:Station version

(Jakeoung Koo) #16

Same issue. Please fix this bug!

(Samuel Lee) #17

Same issue as above

:computer: macos: 10.14 (18A391)
:gear:️ Station: version 1.24.0

(Julien Durand) #18

this is driving me crazy!
using Paper out of Station until this is fixed.

Blockquote

Same Issue

(Mario Siqueira) #20

same issue. MPB 2016 using Mojave