Downloading attachment refreshes UI / exporting PDF logs the user out (Outlook Pro, Front, Freshbooks, Asana, Toggl, etc.)

(wirawee) #1

This issue was reported and marked as solved in the thread called Outlook Pro - Previewing and Downloading Attachment. The topic solved the Previewing issue but didn’t solve the Downloading Attachment issue.

1. In Outlook Pro, view an email with an attachment.
  2. Click the arrow next to the attachment and click “Download”.
  3. In the lower right corner of the UI, I get the “Successful download!” message.
  4. The outlook UI refreshes. This sometimes just refreshes the inbox and I lose my context; at other times it logs me out of Outlook.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Download an email.
  • Issue: See description above.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Station version: 1.13.1

Freshbooks: receipt image download kicks me to homepage
Front is reloading every-time a pdf is downloaded
Toggl Logout on Export
Outlook pro login/out issues
Outlook Pro - Previewing and Downloading Attachment
When downloading, Asana reloads to homepage
(Alex Liew) #2

The issue I’m facing is Outlook Pro reloading upon a download of an attachment in the email.

When I click on the ‘Download’ link, file is download but Outlook Pro reloads itself, bringing me to the inbox. Not a deal breaker, but takes up quite a bit of time, considering if I have to do that for almost all emails with attachments. (Issue still persists even after update to V1.11.2)

Regards

• Trigger: Downloading email attachment
  • Issue: Outlook Pro reloads itself
  • OS version: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
  • Station version: V1.11.2

(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #3

The issue I’m facing is that Front is reloading every-time I download a pdf in any mail.

• Trigger: download a pdf
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): (sensitive content, can send you a gif in MP if needed)
  • OS version: Mac Os 10.13.4
  • Station version: 1.12.0

(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #4

it’s random, I got it for every pdf during 15 minutes and now it’s working fine… I keep you updated

(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #5

and here it goes again : reloading every time I download a PDF…

(Yi Zhao) #6

In Freshbooks, in the Expenses module, when I try to download a receipt image from an expense entry, the download works normally, but upon download I’m immediately taken out of my Freshbooks account and to the freshbooks.com front page, from which I have to click on “Log In” to get back to my account. This happens consistently for all expenses with receipts attached.

• Trigger: receipt image download in Freshbooks > Expenses
  • Issue: forced navigation to freshbooks.com front page
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): N/A
  • OS version: 10.13.4
  • Station version: 1.11.2

(Jason ansleyRDgroup) #7

The issue I’m facing is: When downloading an attachment from an Asana task, as the download is processing, Asana reloads to the My Tasks view and you have to search for the associated task again.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #8

This has been fixed (for Asana at least) in Station 1.18.

(Stedman Halliday) #9

Toggl logs the user out as soon as a summary report is exported and downloaded.

• Trigger: user invokes the Export > Download as PDF function from the Summary Report view in Toggl.
  • Issue: Toggl downloads the Summary Report but subsequently logs the user out and returns them to the homepage.
  • OS version: macOS 10.13.1
  • Station version: 1.0.7

(Jason ansleyRDgroup) #10

Same issue but ALSO from the detailed report view
user invokes the Export > Download as PDF function from the Detailed Report view in Toggl.
Issue: Toggl downloads the Detailed Report but subsequently logs the user out and returns them to the homepage.
Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
OS version: Mac OSx 10.13.3
Station version: Stationversion 1.9.0
Electron1.7.13
Chrome 58.0.3029.110
Node7.9.0
v85.8.283.38
@getstation/services0.12.0