Disable Quick Switch auto-open / prevent Quick-Switch from opening on startup

(Brandon) #1

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but I was wondering if there was a way to disable the quick switch feature, at least on start up? I see a spot where settings should be in the preferences panel but its empty.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Disable Quick-Switch on start
Is there a way ti disable Quick-Switch when Station launches?
Turn off jump to screen on startup
(D Reed) #2

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

Disable Quick-Switch on program start

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

When I …

:writing_hand:PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like to disable Quick-Switch on program start. Quick-Switch is listed on the Settings screen, but there are no settings there.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are:

• Quick-Switch is of little/no use. All my accounts/apps are displayed in the right-side menu.
  • Quick-Switch only serves to delay me when starting Station
1 Like

(Anthony Jr.) #3

I came here to echo this note. I have Station open to my Slack channel every time my computer starts up, and while I know it’s just a click of a button… It does become a little aggravating that I need to close quick-switch on every startup. I feel like it should not open automatically, or have an option to disable the automatic quick-switch window on app open.

0 Likes

(Paul Wyndham) #4

Add a configuration option to allow me to not show the “Jump to…” dialog when Station starts up.

When I start station I don’t want to be asked to choose what application I want to use.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS

Configuration options to make it so that everything works the way I want it to. Sure you guys have a lot of great ideas, but I grew up with different surroundings. Therefore it makes more sense for me to do things differently than what you have set as default.

The main advantages for me are:

• I would be in my email instead of having to click on something before I was.
  • I don’t want you to try and make me think that I don’t want to see my email first thing when I start station.
  • I just want it to leave me alone and not ask if I want to jump to something else. If I want to change to a different application I can click the icon on the side!
1 Like

(Justin Cox) #5

I agree, it’s really annoying. Don’t get me wrong, I like the “Jump to…” feature, I just don’t want it in my face every time I start the app. What’s the reasoning behind that anyway??? It’s like if Spotlight search automatically launched every time you logged into your Mac or unlocked your iPhone…just odd behavior.

1 Like

Just adding another person requesting this.

I can see where having it there is beneficial. I personally do not want it. Having an option to enable/disable would be wonderful!

0 Likes

(Nathan Doyle) #7

After having the Quick Switch popup in my face one too many times, I went to its setting to turn it off, only to be disappointed there was nothing there. Then I came here – for the first time – to request the ability to turn it off (but still have the feature available via keyboard shortcut and maybe a menu toggle.) To my surprise, the first issue I see in the list is this one. So, I’m with everyone else, it’s very intrusive behavior, indeed.

ETA
I recommend defaulting to last open app before exit. Also, add a setting, one that could be turned on or off, which will allow us to choose default app to open upon app start. One which would override defaulting to last open app before exit. If it was turned off, defaulting to last open app would kick in again.

1 Like

(Vedran Burojević) #8

Your need in one sentence

As a user I want to have an option to disable Quick-Switch when Station launches.

Tell us about the current experience

When I open Station for the first time, Quick-Switch is always shown as an overlay.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like to have an option to disable it.

How would it change your experience

No more Quick-Switch on launch which annoys me. :slight_smile:

0 Likes