Disable Quick Switch auto-open / prevent Quick-Switch from opening on startup

(Brandon) #1

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but I was wondering if there was a way to disable the quick switch feature, at least on start up? I see a spot where settings should be in the preferences panel but its empty.

Thanks!

Disable Quick-Switch on start
Turn off jump to screen on startup
(D Reed) #2

:bulb: SUMMARY
Your need in one sentence

Disable Quick-Switch on program start

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

When I …

:writing_hand:PROVIDE DETAILS
Tell us what you are looking to change

I’d like to disable Quick-Switch on program start. Quick-Switch is listed on the Settings screen, but there are no settings there.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT
How would it change your experience

The main advantages for me are:

• Quick-Switch is of little/no use. All my accounts/apps are displayed in the right-side menu.
  • Quick-Switch only serves to delay me when starting Station

(Anthony Jr.) #3

I came here to echo this note. I have Station open to my Slack channel every time my computer starts up, and while I know it’s just a click of a button… It does become a little aggravating that I need to close quick-switch on every startup. I feel like it should not open automatically, or have an option to disable the automatic quick-switch window on app open.

(Paul Wyndham) #4

:bulb: SUMMARY

Add a configuration option to allow me to not show the “Jump to…” dialog when Station starts up.

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT

When I start station I don’t want to be asked to choose what application I want to use.

:writing_hand: PROVIDE DETAILS

Configuration options to make it so that everything works the way I want it to. Sure you guys have a lot of great ideas, but I grew up with different surroundings. Therefore it makes more sense for me to do things differently than what you have set as default.

:fire: DESCRIBE THE IMPACT

The main advantages for me are:

• I would be in my email instead of having to click on something before I was.
  • I don’t want you to try and make me think that I don’t want to see my email first thing when I start station.
  • I just want it to leave me alone and not ask if I want to jump to something else. If I want to change to a different application I can click the icon on the side!

(Justin Cox) #5

I agree, it’s really annoying. Don’t get me wrong, I like the “Jump to…” feature, I just don’t want it in my face every time I start the app. What’s the reasoning behind that anyway??? It’s like if Spotlight search automatically launched every time you logged into your Mac or unlocked your iPhone…just odd behavior.