Customisable keyboard shortcuts / turn-off some keybindings

@Georges is there any plan to update these requested setting any time soon?

:writing_hand: Keyboard layout switching with Alt+Shift causes Edit menu opening

My problem is that when I try to switch keyboard layout with system Alt+Shift shortcut, Station opens Edit menu and gives focus to it, so I have to press Esc to close the menu and return focus to the input field

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Alt + Left Shift key

• :boom: Issue — “Edit” menu opening

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictureshttps://i.imgur.com/L06IkaM.png

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Ubuntu 18.10 x86_64 / KDE

• :gear: Station version — 1.36.0

1 Like

:bulb: SUMMARY
Custom quick-switch keyboard shortcut

I’d like to be able to customize what keys I smack to get the quick-switch up. ⌘T is fine, but in most other applications that pops open a new tab.

:question:GIVE US CONTEXT
Tell us about the current experience

In Chrome I can configure Quick Tabs which I have set up to trigger with ⌘E.

A few other environments… In Visual Studio I’ve got ⌘P for “Go to File…”, configurable but I live with it. In Simplenote I have to twist into a ⌥⌘F to switch between notes and die a little bit each time (literally, these wrists won’t last forever).

Thanks for the great software and considering my feature request!

IF anyone else winds up here trying to do the same thing, check the FAQ!

https://faq.getstation.com/navigation-and-multi-tasking/how-can-i-personalize-the-keyboard-shortcuts

I’m… going to show myself out now :sweat_smile:

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that when I press CMD + + it switches to first tab, but also zooms because of default keybind is CMD + +. I use czech keyboard, that might be an issue.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — CMD + + (CMD + 1)

• :boom: Issue — Switching and zooming

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OS X 10.14.4 Public Beta 4

• :gear: Station version — 1.39.2

I am here for exactly the same issue. It will be great if this could be clear out. Even when I press the native shortcut to open the search (Alt + Shift + Space) the Edit menu opens and have to press Esc. It freaks me out. 1+ for the VIM suggestion from Nha Hoang