Change name, logo or URL of a custom app / remove custom apps / delete private app

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that I can’t change the app settings: name and logo. When installing the application, I made a mistake in the name of the app and put not quite the right logo. I want to change them, but I don’t know how. Also, I want to uninstall the app completely from “My Private Apps.” How can I do it?

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version

• :gear: Station version

:writing_hand: Is there a way to Remove a custom Company Application

I was testing out adding a Custom App and added to as a Company App. I was wondering if there’s a way to remove this application from the Company Apps? The main reason is I was just testing out the functionality and do not want to keep the application that I added as a test.

• :gun: Trigger — Adding Company App

• :boom: Issue — It’s not clear if it’s possible to remove a custom Company App

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10

• :gear: Station version — 1.40.1

One of my applications, Paypal, doesn’t have its application name and if I move the mouse over the icon in the sidebar, overall station app suddenly appears with the white screen, and I cannot do anything before restarting station app.

I’ve tried several times to uninstall and reinstall station, but It doesn’t help. And also I’ve been attempting to delete the application without the app name in the preference setting at station app, there is no pop-up window for confirmation of deletion like normal app deletion process.

After adding Paypal again, new Paypal app’s been inserted into the sidebar, the app with no-name still there.

Windows 10

Is there a way to permanently remove private apps?

1 Like

Clicking on the ‘change logo’ text in the profile pane just removes the text and nothing happens?

A few days ago a “rogue” icon appeared on my left bar. It is just a circle, no icon inside, and on the options page for my apps, it has no information there. The delete button here does nothing, neither do the toggles or the refresh button.
So, I am unable to remove it. mousing over it kills station by whiting it all out also. Opening the dev console after this happens, it destroys all the HTML, removing everything from within the

. The body, after having moused over this circle, contains the root div, 3 scripts, and 2 more blank divs.

• :gun: Trigger — Not sure what caused this rogue icon in the first place, though the most recent addition I put was lastpass, and lastpass disappeared at the same time this appeared. I have since re-added lastpass and so far no second icon. The trigger for whiting out is mousing over the circle.

• :boom: Issue — As described above really.

This is the icon on the left (above lastpass at the bottom), and the main body showing that information lacking from it etc. Clicking the bin icon button does nothing.

This is the result of mousing over the icon, with the dev console opened to show what has actually happened.

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 latest updates.

• :gear: Station version — 1.41.1

anyone figured this out yet?

Station seems does not support self-hosted Sentry at the moment. I added our own Sentry to “my private apps”. However, the icon I chose doesn’t look good and I want to replace the icon. Am I able to do that?

• :boom: Issue — Edit name or icon of private apps after created

• :desktop_computer: OS version — macOS 10.14.4

• :gear: Station version — 1.41.1

I’m also trying to delete a private app or at least change the logo which I messed up and there seems to be no way to do it. How can you have functionality to add things without a way to remove them? :man_facepalming:

I am also looking to an ability to completely remove private apps.

Is there any ways to change application logo? :disappointed_relieved:

I also need help removing a private app! Still no official reply from Station people? :\

I’m also waiting for this problem solving. Thanks in advance.

yes this really fustrating …

I’ve created a custom company app, and accidentally entered a wrong url.
I created a new custom company app with the correct url, and when I tried to delete the old one, I couldn’t find a way to do so.
How do I achieve this?

Hello @Michael_Zion !

For the moment being you can’t delete a custom url, we are sorry about that. We are working on adding the feature.
In the meantime you can send me which Custom app you want to delete and I’ll do it for you.

Have a nice day!

How can I change the image (logo) of my custom apps? I did’nt found this feature on station.

Hello @rodrigobenetti!

Unfortunately, you can’t at the moment. It’s a feature we are working on and we’ll keep you in touch when you will be able to change the logo, edit the name or delete a custom app.

Stay tuned!