Change default download folder

Ask me where to save downloaded files every time I click on a link to a download (e.g. a pdf attachment in Gmail).

When I was still using Chrome for my email, I had Chrome set that for downloads (of attachments, for example), it would always ask me where to save the file. Station always saves it in the “downloads” folder without asking. I’d like to have a setting where I can choose to be ask every time.

Now it’ really annoying because downloads will always be saved in the downloads directory. I always have to go to that location and cut/paste the file to the desired directory.

The main advantages for me are:

• Same behaviour as Chrome.
  • Save time

Much needed please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedbacks @Patrick @Hugo_Stephan!
It makes sense. It’s on our roadmap but we haven’t prioritized yet as we are focused on integrating password managers and extensions.

We’ll let you know as soon as we are working on it!

2 Likes

Merci de nous tenir au courant ! Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

Is there a way to specify via preferences where the downloads folder is located for files that get downloaded (for instance email attachments)?

1 Like

Right now downloads will be saved in your systems default downloads folder.

On Windows it’s here: C:\Users[Your user name]\Downloads
On macOS it’s here: [Your Hard Drive] → Users → [Your user name] → Downloads

Maybe this is something they will implement in the future. So this thread could be moved over to the feature requests.

Niklas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedbacks @ishish @niklasravnsborg!
It’s on our roadmap but we haven’t prioritized yet as we are focused on integrating password managers and extensions.

We’ll let you know as soon as we are working on it!

This is a much needed feature.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Have a download center / history of downloaded files

Yes, it’s very important for my workflow to be able to specify the download folder. So I +1 this one and I hope that this feature request goes up in the queue.

1 Like

This feature is really missing.
Thanks a lot for your help and your work!

+1 :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

+1 !
Thanks for the good job so far :wink:

Yes please add this.

Really need this. I try to keep everything in the cloud, but now all my downloads are in a local folder :frowning:

Just chiming in that I’d love this feature as well!

Update on this subject.

I love Station, the app really helped me improve my productivity on a daily basis.

But everytime I need to download a file, i can’t help swearing when the file goes to my system’s defaut folder. I’m almost short of new swear words so if you could implement this quickly that would be great :slight_smile:

Thank you for your great work anyway !

One more vote for this—my sense is that a large number of people just do not use the system’s default Downloads folder.

It would be helpful at least if the notification for finished downloads had an option to ‘open the file’ or ‘reveal it in Finder’, as in some browsers.

I came here to request this feature, glad others have the same request. This is a must-have for using Station with Google Drive and almost anything else, as I have moved away from using my Downloads folder entirely and can’t stand seeing it fill up again.

1+ this, VERY IMPORTANT to workflow. Is there any way to hack it for now? It shouldn’t be that hard :smile: