Can't preview PDF files, attachments or invoices / an automatic PDF download is triggered (in Sellsy, Outlook 365, Payfit, Quickbooks, Xero, etc.)

⚙️in-roadmap
🛠working-on-it

I want to preview PDFs before I download them. I’d prefer the option to download within the PDF view tab.

Downloading the PDF takes me out of station (and into preview or finder) to see the PDF content.

And in Asana, it leaves a blank tab open as well.

Payfit download pdf when added for invoice
PDF attachments in Outlook 365
Qonto Invoice PDF viewer won't work
Automatic download on Sellsy
PDFs Open a new blank window
Asana - Ability to view files in browser without downloading
Quickbooks Online print/downloads PDF when sending email
(Stephen Oster) #2

When I click on a PDF attachment in Outlook 365 is says “Couldn’t load plugin”

When I load it in Safari browser it’s using Word Online. In Chrome I’m not sure.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue: PDF won’t load in Outlook 365
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Mac High Sierra
  • Station version: version 1.4.1

(Sébastien Sacard) #3

Hello, everytime I load a page on Sellsy.com, it download the related file ! For instance, I browse a invoice, the invoice is automatically downloaded. Very annoying !

(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #4

The issue I’m facing is that every time I want to do an expense report and the document is a PDF : station downloads it.

• Trigger: PDF in expense report
  • Issue: downloads the pdf (working fine with a JPEG or PNG)

https://cl.ly/0d222f0a3Y1K

• OS version: Mac Os X 10.13.2
  • Station version: 1.2.0

(Jean Baptiste Ronssin) #5

I found the explanation : the webapp uses a PDF viewer in a browser (that it can’t find in Station).

(Jason ansleyRDgroup) #6

The issue I’m facing is …

• Trigger: When clicking “save and send” within a new QBO invoice
  • Issue: a PDF is auto generated and downloaded by Station
  • OS version: Mac OSx 10.13.3
  • Station version: Stationversion 1.9.0
    Electron1.7.13
    Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    Node7.9.0
    v85.8.283.38
    @getstation/services0.12.0

(Maria Wright) #7

As a heavy Asana user, I want to be able to click on an attached document in a task and have it open in a browser window to view (without downloading it) so that every time I need to refer to an attached document, I don’t re-download a whole new copy of it.

When I use Asana in a regular browser, I can click on a document attached to task, and it opens it in a new browser tab so that I can view it (I’m talking about pdfs, and images - things that can easily be viewed in a browser without opening a specialized program like Photoshop or Excel). I do this a lot in my workflow when I need to refer to a document while I’m working on a task.

However, when I use Asana in Station, clicking a document in a task does not open the file in a window to view, but rather downloads it to my hard drive. I would like to be able to view the document - when I need to refer to it several times, I don’t want to download multiple copies of it. It does not matter to me if the tab opened in Station or took me to my browser.

The main advantages for me are:

• This is a huge part of my workflow and I cannot continue to use Asana in Station if I have to download an attachment every time I want to view it.

• . I keep Asana open at all times and use it all day. I would love to be able to keep it in my Station dashboard.

• This will help with my document management - I won’t have multiple copies of the same thing downloaded to my downloads folder.

:writing_hand: PDFs that normally would launch into a new window displayed in station are showing a blank screen and are being downloaded

My problem is occurring in Flowdock. When someone shares a link to a PDF it launches a blank screen, Website links are still successfully launching in a new window and displaying the content

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Opening a PDF in Flowdock

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures11%20AM

• :desktop_computer: — Mac Mojave 10.14.1

• :gear:
    Electron3.0.5
    Chrome66.0.3359.181
    Node10.2.0
    v86.6.346.32
    @getstation/services0.23.2

(Ylan Richard) #9

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

The problem is pretty self-explanatory, I can’t visualise any invoice on the Qonto app via station but I can via a normal browser.
I’m on the last version of Station

Ylan