Can't present / share screen in Skype, Google Meet, Hangouts, Appear.in, Stride & Slack

⚙️in-roadmap

On mac latest OS i have tried to use Google Meet, it works fine except when we try sharing screen.

Skype: I can't share my screen or tip numbers on the Skype app
Appear.in: the doc/screen sharing feature doen't work
Google Meet
Slack calling problematic
Can't share my screen on a Skype Call
Stride meeting not able to share screen
Google Hangout Can't share screen
Can't share screen from Google Meet
Hangout: sharing screen is not possible
(Kraig Lutz) #2

The issue I’m facing is that when I am in a Stride meeting I am not able to use the screen share feature. It tells me that it is unable to load the appropriate plugin.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: First start a meeting with someone from within Stride. Next click the share screen button.
  • Issue: Instead of displaying my screen it gives me a popup explaining that it could not load the correct plugin.
  • OS version: Windows 10
  • Station version: 1.11.2

(Scott Scales) #3

Screen share and camera do not work inside Google Meet

• Trigger: Trying to hold a google meet
  • Issue: Screen share and camera do not work inside Google Meet
  • OS version: MAC High Sierra
  • Station version: 1.1.12

(David) #4

The issue I’m facing is that I cannot use the screen sharing option (and the document sharing option too) in Appear.in app.

• OS version: PC Windows 10
  • Station version: 1.5.1

(Derek Skaletsky) #5

The screen share option on a Slack call never works. Whenever I try to use that feature it prompts me to use the Slack desktop app - which is very frustrating.

(Pradeep Gururani) #6

The issue I’m facing is that when I am doing a hangout session, I can’t share my screen. Hangout gives me error:

“Sorry, an error has occurred when screensharing”.

• Trigger: When I am on a hangout call and want to share the screen.
  • Issue: Can not share the screen.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): Where is the attach picture option here? Can’t paste as well. Error message is “Sorry, an error has occurred when screensharing”. Looking at UI this feels like hangout error instead of station error.
  • OS version: Windows 10.
  • Station version: 1.11.2

(Lee Boehler) #7

The issue I’m facing is:

I can’t share my screen with other people I am in a call with or tip numbers on the dial pad in the Skype app
Love your app otherwise.

Thanks

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

The issue I’m facing is:

If I start a Google Meet from a calendar link, it opens in a new window. When I then try to share my screen, it says an error has occurred. The meeting continues fine, but I just can’t share my screen.

• Trigger: Create a meeting in Google Calendar with Google Meet videoconferencing. Open the event and click on the link to join the Google Meet session. Click on the ‘Present now’ button at the bottom of the screen.
  • Issue: Error message displayed - can’t present.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: MacOS 10.13.4
  • Station version: 1.13.1

(Keith Kerr) #9

I’m still having the same issue here. When I try to present or screen share to google hangouts I get an error

I have the same issue an @BenS. I have to open Google Meet from my browser to share screen in the meeting.
Is there a solution for this? Please help.

I have been experiencing the same issue when attempting to screen share via Google Meet. Google Hangouts/Meet is initiated via a link on the Google Calendar Station app. My webcam works fine, but when screen sharing is requested, I get the same error notice as @BenS.

System: MacBook Pro 2017 (13-inch; 2.3 GHz i5), Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

(David Lay) #12

Same problem on windows, can’t share screen from station, always have to open hangouts on chrome, which defeats the whole purpose of Station.

(Robert L.) #13

I have the same issue on Linux (Mint 19). I cannot share my screen in Slack nor in Google Hangouts.
This is a massive drawback as I have to use this feature a lot :frowning:

Any info if you plan to work on the screen sharing features is much appreciated.

(Raphael Gako) #14

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

Can’t use share screen on google hangouts

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger
    to replicate this try calling somebody in google hangout and try sharing a screen it wont let you because of some error

• :boom: Issue
    Unable to share screen in google hangouts

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures 11%20PM

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    MacOS mojave 10.14.1

• :gear: Station version
    Stationversion 1.31.2

Electron3.0.5

Chrome66.0.3359.181

Node10.2.0

v86.6.346.32

@getstation/services0.24.1