Can't logout of Station / change login account / switch login email address

(Nathania Callysta) #1

The issue I’m facing is I cannot log out from my Station Account.
I use work computer to login with Station. Once I want to Sign Out so nobody can access all my open apps. I go to my profile small thumbnail in the left bottom and hit Log Out. The message I received only “You are not logged right now. Login”

I try to close the app and open Station again but it still on Logged In state.
What should I do so I can Sign Out? Thank You!

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Sign Out
  • Issue: Cannot Sign Out
  • OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
  • Station version: version 1.11.2

Can't change login
Can't logout
Deleted Station and reinstalled to Sign In with a different Gmail account. Only lets me use old one
How do I change my email address I use for log in?
Switch my account from ankit@automatad.com to ankit@akohli.com
How do I log out of this app?

When I click on the emoji at the bottom left of this app, it says that I can log out. But that does not mean anything. What difference does it make when I log out of there? I just want to log in again with a different ID. I even uninstalled station and reinstalled it, In the configuration, I also disabled the checkbox to log in at startup. However, accounts that were incorrectly logged in never went away. does this have to be so hard?

Hey!
Is this a bug or in general that you can’t logout of your gmail and use another one? (for station in general)

(John Beynon) #4

The issue I’m facing is I can’t logout of station.

• Trigger:
    Select Avatar > Logout.
  • Issue:
    I would expect to be logged out. If i close station and reopen it I’m logged back in. The actual aim here is to change the user I’m using with Station.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Matthew W) #5

I have the same issue. It appears that the Station App does not allow you to remove your google account, it only allows you to “logout” but it still keeps your login information in a seperate file that persists through deleting the Station App.

This needs to be changed, as it means that you can’t really use this type of app at work, if you ever plan on leaving that company, since you login will be kept in that computer after you leave the company.

Please help!

My Specs:
Using Station 1.14.1, on an iMac running HighSeirra 10.13.5

(Matthew W) #6

I found a fix (at least on a Mac computer which is what I use, and what the issue occurred with).

How to Completely log out (ie delete your account from Station):

1. Open up a finder window, and in the menu bar at the top of the screen click on the menu: “Go”
  2. Once this menu opens hold down the “option” button and a hidden “Library” option will appear.
  3. Click on this "Library button, and once it opens, find and open the folder “Application Support”
  4. Inside this folder, you should find another folder titled: “Station” this is where your login information and preferences are stored.
  5. Delete this folder, and empty the trash.
    That’s it, when you open the station app back up, it will ask for fresh account information (meaning your account information is gone).

Hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

I use multiple Gmail accounts and need either:

• A Master account switcher, or
  • Be able to Sign out of Station and back in with a different Account.

Currently the app doesn’t let me do that. Worse, the old account persists even if I delete and reinstall the app.

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
    Opening newly installed app:
    Leads directly into the "Hi ! Your station will be ready soon…

I don’t want that on fresh install. If the user is saved on the keychain, how can I delete it?

• OS version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Station version: 1.2.0

(Jae Mc Laughlin) #8

Hi Guys
As I have convinced some of the guys in work to use Station I want to change my email address to my work one so we can use some of the team features but I can’t figure out how to do so :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated :+1:t2:

(Ankit Kohli) #9

I want to migrate my account to ankit@akohli.com. How to do it? Also, do I have to install all apps again in the new account?

Thanks,

(Brian Gilbert) #10

Here is the method that worked for me:

• Logout of station via avatar
  • Remove station
  • Click login in station

Now you will be able to login using a different account

(So Ka) #11

Same pbm as @Nathania_Callysta for me: Logout out doesn’t change anything.
As mentioned by @Matthew_W , this is strictly prohibiting me to use Station where I need it the most : shared computer at work.
Using Station on Linux.