Can't login to Station: proxy not supported / unable to setup server configuration

✅released
📦station-v1-34-x

(Kevin O'Donovan) #22

Okay, daft question, but where do you configure the proxy settings?

(Kevin O'Donovan) #23

@Georges, sorry to report I’m not seeing any difference. Starting station up on the corporate LAN still times out trying to connect to my account, and I can’t see anywhere to configure the proxy settings that would prevent this?

(Alexandre Lacheze) #24

@kev160967 can you please provide your configuration details: OS version and Station version.

There is no proxy settings in the app itself because Station detects system’s proxy settings. That’s the same strategy used by Google Chrome and the same detection mechanism.

That could mean your proxy’s settings are not properly detected. Before all:

• can you check your system proxy settings are properly configured
  • can you access the internet with Google Chrome? In Chrome, can you take a screenshot of the content at chrome://net-internals/#proxy (if it contains sensitive information, send me privately or hide sensitive information)

cc @mikael

Thank you!

(Kevin O'Donovan) #25

Hi @Alexandre. Ignore all that. In preparing the reply to you I noticed my Station was still 1.31.0. That’s despite telling it to update after the proxy version announcement (using the twinkling star icon), and it apparently doing so. Just manually upgraded to 1.35 (downloaded and installed from .EXE) and I’m happy to report that it now works

Kevin

(Ewald Van Zyl) #26

All working my side, thanks for the update.