Can't launch / Station crashes: "failed to compile" error

⚙️in-roadmap

(Percy Junior Astocaza Alamo) #1

The application doesn’t compile correctly on Windows 10 ver 1703

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
    Launching the app

• Issue:
    Failed to compile D:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Local/browserX/app-1.4.1/resources/app.asar/app/app.html: Asked for D:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Local/browserX/app-1.4.1/resources/app.asar/app/app.html but it was not precompiled!
    Error: Asked for D:/Users/%USER%/AppData/Local/browserX/app-1.4.1/resources/app.asar/app/app.html but it was not precompiled!

• Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):

• OS version:
    Windows 10 - 1703

• Station version:

On install app wont run following error screen is displayed
Broke almost instantly, can't view email or move window
Failed to Compile Error in Gmail tab
Crash in current version on station in Windows
Failed to Compile Error in Gmail tab
(Jörg Bilert) #2

I face the same problem. would love to try your software once you solved this.

(Jeremy L) #3

I have this same issue on Windows 7. It is actually the same error I get when trying to launch Slack as well. The Slack people told me it may be related to my User Profile being on a drive that uses lowercase lettering. I haven’t tested their offered solution as I’m not able to modify the registry on my work machine.

The response from Slack:

To provide more context, the install error you are receiving is related to some registry keys or environment variables set with paths that aren’t case sensitive. This may mean that a variable such as %USERPROFILE% expands to d:\users instead of D:\Users. In the error you sent, there appears to be mixed cases referring to your D:\ and d:\ drives in some of the paths that are logged.

You may be able to overcome this by investigating and editing your registry. Although, unless you’re familiar with using the registry, I wouldn’t personally recommend editing it. This method is not also guaranteed to work, but it has seen some success with users.

In the chance that you are technically savvy and have edited your user registry before, instances of drive letter cases that are causing this issue have been found in this location of the registry prior: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. However, every system is different so this may not be exactly right, but may give you somewhere to start.

I was recommended this app from a friend and broke the app, apparently irreversibly, almost immediately. After download and sign in, the app wouldn’t let me move it, I could resize the window, but grabbing at the top wouldn’t let me move it. the only thing that resulted was if i grabbed it in a certain spot in the top right corner it extracted an apparently blank .txt doc to my desktop, i pulled the doc back into the window to see if it would open or if I could deduct what was happening. Once I did that my email tab showed this error log screen (linked below) failing to find this blank .txt document in my file structure for some reason. after multiple quit and restarts and even two uninstall and re-downloads, my email page will only show this error message. Pretty surprised by the breakability of this app, but hoping to get it working as it is something that I want to like.

Tucker

49 AM

(Guy Einy) #5

The issue I’m facing is: Gmail Tab

I see this text:

Failed to compile /Applications/Station.app: Asked for /Applications/Station.app but it was not precompiled!
        Error: Asked for /Applications/Station.app but it was not precompiled!
            at FileChangedCache.getCacheEntryForPath (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/file-change-cache.js:172:15)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/file-change-cache.js:97:39
            at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
            at step (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/file-change-cache.js:27:191)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/file-change-cache.js:27:437
            at new WrappedPromise (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/async-listener/es6-wrapped-promise.js:13:18)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/file-change-cache.js:27:99
            at FileChangedCache.getHashForPath (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/file-change-cache.js:96:42)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/compiler-host.js:247:47
            at step (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:191)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:437
            at new WrappedPromise (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/async-listener/es6-wrapped-promise.js:13:18)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:99
            at CompilerHost.compileReadOnly (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/compiler-host.js:237:35)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/compiler-host.js:222:47
            at step (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:191)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:437
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/compiler-host.js:47:99
            at CompilerHost.compile (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/compiler-host.js:221:27)
            at Function.<anonymous> (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/protocol-hook.js:188:39)
            at step (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/protocol-hook.js:28:191)
            at /Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/protocol-hook.js:28:437
            at Function.<anonymous> (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/lib/protocol-hook.js:28:99)
            at Function.protocol.interceptBufferProtocol (/Applications/Station.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/electron-compile/src/protocol-hook.js:111:3) 

Here’s the detailed report:

• Trigger: App launch
  • Issue: Gmail not available
  • OS version: MacOs 10.13.4
  • Station version: 1.12.0

(Guy Einy) #7

Forgot to mention: All other Goole apps (drive etc) work just fine

(Rajesh Ajmera) #8

The issue I’m facing is …

Keeps crashing again, I have my GMAIL and skype account logged in. The crash happens immediately after skype notifications come in

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Scott Etherington) #9

it opens after install to display the following text on a plain white background. Done the pbviouse like make sure windows is updated and uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Always ends up with this same error.

Failed to compile C:/Users/sgs: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘C:\Users\sgs’
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat ‘C:\Users\sgs’
at Object.realpathSync (fs.js:1661:15)
at Object.fs.realpathSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:320:29)
at cachedRealpath (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\sanitize-paths.js:11:12)
at sanitizeFilePath (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\sanitize-paths.js:38:16)
at FileChangedCache.getCacheEntryForPath (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\file-change-cache.js:155:20)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\file-change-cache.js:97:39
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\file-change-cache.js:27:191)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\file-change-cache.js:27:437
at new WrappedPromise (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\async-listener\es6-wrapped-promise.js:13:18)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\file-change-cache.js:27:99
at FileChangedCache.getHashForPath (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\file-change-cache.js:96:42)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\compiler-host.js:247:47
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:191)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:437
at new WrappedPromise (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\async-listener\es6-wrapped-promise.js:13:18)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:99
at CompilerHost.compileReadOnly (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\compiler-host.js:237:35)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\compiler-host.js:222:47
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:191)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:437
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\compiler-host.js:47:99
at CompilerHost.compile (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\compiler-host.js:221:27)
at Function. (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\protocol-hook.js:188:39)
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\protocol-hook.js:28:191)
at C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\protocol-hook.js:28:437
at Function. (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\lib\protocol-hook.js:28:99)
at Function.protocol.interceptBufferProtocol (C:\Users\sgs###\AppData\Local\browserX\app-1.14.1\resources\app.asar\node_modules\electron-compile\src\protocol-hook.js:111:3)

(DevBytes) #10

The first thing you can try is right clicking inside the tab with problems.
You should get a menu that looks like this:
2018-10-24_17-22-40
In this menu click on “Reset Current Application”
This could solve the problem.

Another way of solving this would be “Resetting” your station.
But you will have to reconfigure your Station afterwards.
You can find the guide on how to do this here:

Tell us if this helped you :wink: