Can't copy from Station and paste elsewhere / Ctrl+C or Cmd+C doesn't work / clipboard stays empty

⚙️in-roadmap
🙏info-needed

(Sheila Prost) #1

I need to copy something from station and then paste it into a notepad outside the app, but it never seems to be able to do this. Not sure if a bug or a feature that just isn’t available.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Copy and Paste
  • Issue: Unable to copy from station to elsewhere
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: OS X El Capitan
  • Station version: 1.1.0

Ctrl + C
Copy (Cmd + C) is not working in Slack and Basecamp
Copy & Paste Not Working in Google Apps
I just wish simple Copy&Paste working would be possible
Cannot Copy To Clipboard In Latest Version
Google Drive Copy Paste
Copy & Paste issue leading to uninstalls
Copying image from the application
(Jesse LaMarre) #2

Had the same issue until a fairly recent update. This should be working on the most current version. Check your updates.

I am running 1.6.0 and cannot copy paste even from within the app. The edit > Copy or Copy current URL menu selection also do not appear to work.

(Marta K) #4

I am running the newest version and also not able to copy paste in Station. Is there a solution for this issue?

(Maurice Cherry) #5

I am having this same issue as well. You can copy and paste within Station, but not from Station to say, another browser or a text document.

(John Gattuso) #6

The issue I’m facing is … copy is not working in Slack, Basecamp, or this app.

• Trigger:
  • Issue: Copy will not work
  • OS version: Mac 10.13.4
  • Station version: 1.11.2

This seems to be a huge problem for all of the ‘Station’ like utilities. I have not found one that did not suffer from this bug… you can’t copy to your clipboard, specially not from Gmail.

Some very rare times i have seen it working, why it mostly does not is a mistery to me. I am sure i am not alone with this as i have seen the topic been mentioned here and there… but there is never a solution and i wish that there was, please let me know anyone if there is!

another smaller issue is that there is no option to ‘paste without format’ in Gmail like there when you use Gmail in your browser tab.

(Christian Bay) #8

Copying text with Cmd+C does not always work. Often I actually have to right click the text, and select copy. Copying from PDF’s opened from with Gmail/Inbox never work.

Cannot copy text in Outlook
(Josh Lucas) #9

I have had this issue in gmail within station as well.

(Jonas Bergert) #10

I cannot copy any kind of text in the Outlook app. Not even text from the email body. In the Outlook webapp in my browser it works.

• OS version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3
  • Station version: 1.9.0

(Ainars Klavins) #11

The issue I’m facing is that I cannot copy and paste in google Drive document that is open in your app?

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • OS version: Mac OS 10.13.4
  • Station version:1.11.2

(Steve Isaacs) #12

On Mac, I can’t use Command + C and V to copy/paste in Google Docs/slides etc. Only selecting copy/paste via right click menu works.

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • OS version: 10.13.3
  • Station version:

(Michael Donaldson) #13

The issue I’m facing is …

Copying to the clipboard isn’t working for me in the latest version of Station. This is the case through all the apps I am using (Slack, Airtable, LinkedIn, and even on this Station Community). I have tried it with the key command and the dropdown menu, neither work.
I am able to paste into Station, but only from things presently in the clipboard (that is, things copied outside of Station).
This stopped working upon updating to the latest version of Station. I have not noticed this issue before (and I’m copying things to the clipboard constantly, so I would probably notice).

• Trigger: Copying (key command or dropdown menu)
  • Issue: Nothing is added to clipboard. Any previous contents remain.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): No pics. It’s just copying text in Station isn’t working for me.
  • OS version: 10.13.2
  • Station version: 1.0.11

(I was using a clipboard manager in the background named Paste and thought that might be the problem, but I’ve disabled it and copy is still not working).

Thank you.

(Pierre Godret) #14

The issue I’m facing is when I try to copy and paste from an app to another - 80% of the time, it does not work.

Extremely painful…

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Nathan987651) #15

someone mentioned pasting into Google Chrome from Station

Can't "Copy current page's URL"
(Nathan987651) #16

When do the developers think this will be fixed?

(Yoav Ganbar) #17

Trigger: Copying (key command or dropdown menu)
Issue: Nothing is added to clipboard. Any previous contents remain.
Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): No pics. It’s just copying text in Station isn’t working for me.
MacOS version: 10.13.4
Station version: 1.0.12

(Jordigg) #18

Same for me. Really annoying I can’t copy from PDF. I need to keep a chrome window open to do some things I can’t with the app.

(Raymond Morgan) #19

Definitely seeing the same thing here.

Stationversion 1.13.0
Electron2.0.0
Chrome61.0.3163.100
Node8.9.3
v86.1.534.41
@getstation/services0.16.3

(Evan Stewart) #20

I’m also having the same issue and it makes Station almost unusable for me.

I noticed that the issue is with the initial click back to Station. So if I go to another app and back to Station then the initial click back to Station seems to only bring Station in focus but not the app you are currently working in. So let’s say you copy something from Station and paste it in notepad. Then you go back to Station and try to copy something again and paste it back into Notepad, then it doesn’t work. Now if you would have clicked on Station twice then it would have worked. So it’s like you have to click Station once to bring it in focus and then click it again to bring the app in Station in focus. I was able to replicate the issue and linked to a video below.

Trigger: Copy and Paste
Issue: Unable to copy from station to elsewhere
Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): https://cl.ly/2V1W3g2s3d3Y
OS version: Windows 10 Pro
Station version: 1.13.1