Automatic downloads are triggered on Station restart

📦station-v1-15-x
✅released

(Alexander Guy) #1

Hey guys,
When i restart my station app, it automatically downloads copies of files I have already downloaded. I’m using Station version 1.12.0.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Alex

Slack download automatically triggered randomly on Station
Whatsapp web is downloading again and again some images every time I open Station
Whatsapp web is downloading again and again some images every time I open Station
Close/Reopen Station, Formerly Downlaoded Documents Re-Download
(Georges Abi-Heila) #2

Hey @Alexander_Guy,

We should have fixed this bug in the v1.12 :sob:
Could you give me some details so I can reproduce it on my side:

• Which app triggers the download?
  • What type of file is downloaded?
  • Most importantly, what is the link that triggers the download?

The objective here is to find reproduction steps :wink:

(Alexander Guy) #3

Hey @Georges .
It triggers on PDF files downloaded from Slack. So the files are sales materials for us.

(Adrien Thiery) #4

Same bug here, also with Slack downloads.

The type of file doesn’t seem to change anything, I had other things than PDFs.

An “anonymised” link that is triggered everytime I restart station is : https://files.slack.com/files-pri/SOME-UUID-I-CANT-SHARE/download/mystuff.provision

(Bart Kronenberger) #5

I have the same issue. Everytime Station opens up after a restart, a pptx (Powerpoint presentation is downloaded. I`m on number 45 of the same file. I downloaded the file via slack.

(Elodie Lachoua) #6

The issue I’m facing is:
Every time I close and reopen station, station download all the files I downloaded during my last sessions.
I have tons of document copy in my download files (up to 7 for some files). How can I help you fixing this bug ? This is very annoying, I spend too much time cleaning my file.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Alexandre Lacheze) #7

Hi Elodie,

We have fixed similar bugs in the latest version of Station (v1.15.0). Can you please update to the latest version and let me know if it’s still occurs.

Otherwise, can you please answer these questions:

• Which app triggers the download?
  • What type of file is downloaded?
  • Most importantly, what is the link that triggers the download?

Thanks

(Elodie Lachoua) #8

Hi Alexandre. I’ve try to close the app and reopen it with the new version, it seems ok :ok_hand:
I’ll let you know if I encounter again this bug. Thanks !

(Elodie Lachoua) #9

Ok I talk too fast, It just happen again.

• The download comes from slack.

• Every type (png, pdf, etc)

• I think it’s when I click on slack

(Georges Abi-Heila) #10

Hey @Elodie_Lachoua,

It seems you’re still using an old version of Station and not the latest (1.15.0)
To force an update just:

• open the preferences pane from the top bar menu (or using the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + ,)
  • click the “Check for updates” button in the “General” section

Tell us how it goes.

(Adrien Thiery) #11

Hi @Georges,

I think I figured out why it happens.

When downloading an attachment, Slack opens a new tab, so if I hover on the Slack icon in station, I see the previous “Download tabs” (also, it shows a white screen when downloading an attachment, it is that new tab).

If I close these tabs, next restart is fine.

So I guess it is because station reloads all these tabs at relaunch.

Edit: A bit too late, 'cause I see it actually works nicely on the current version :sweat_smile:

This worked for me. I was banging my head trying to figure this one out. I’m glad someone sorted it out.

(Eliza Morrison) #13

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

Every time I quit station and then reopen it, it automatically downloads files I have downloaded in the past. Ad infinitum. How do I make this stop?

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Quitting and reopening station

• :boom: Issue — Listed above. This isn’t unique to this version of station either. It’s been happening since the beginning.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures — nada

• :desktop_computer: OS version — 10.13.6

• :gear: Station version — 1.26.0

(Mak Kordić) #14

I have the same thing happening with Asana. I have the latest version (1.29.0) of Station and it’s not fixed.

(Daniel Sánchez Casares) #15

Hello I recently have this issue when station opens Whatsapp Web. I only downloaded some images that I’ve sent with my phone :confused:

(Daniel Sánchez Casares) #16

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

I was sending some pics on whatsapp, and then I needed to download them, so I did it. After that, every time I open Station and whatsapp connect with my phone, that images that I downloaded again and again, so once a week I delete 15 pics in my download file.

I checked my subdock and I only have the home page, but it continues downloading that images :confused:

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 (10.0.17134)

• :gear: Station version — 1.30.0

(Kyra Mc Andrews) #19

:writing_hand: ** Slack download automatically triggered randomly on Station**

My problem is that, while Station is open, the same attachment (that I probably downloaded a few weeks ago) is downloading from the platform. This doesn’t happen when I use Slack on the web (Google Chrome), so I am pretty sure this problem is unique to using Slack on Station. It has downloaded the same attachment about 15 times over the past two days and I would like it to stop

• :gun: Trigger — “Successful download!” pop-up window with download of attachment

• :boom: Issue — Random download of file

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — 10.11.6

• :gear: Station version — 1.33.0